Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: advice needed n appreciated for first rba.Thanx :)

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

advice needed n appreciated for first rba.Thanx :)

Hi all
    Wondering if any of you could steer us in the right direction please. This will be our first venture into rebuilding.We are looking at 2 kayfun lite rba on vape king site but have no idea as to what wire n wick sizing to get....we dont wanna do sub ohms... (not up to that stage yet)
    Also have watched a couple of utubes ..seems simple enough...but are we right in thinking that the more wraps you do the lower omhs it turns out to be?? Or we got it all wrong!
    Thanx ahead for any help n advice given
    ...have a great weekend cheers
    Last edited by Deecol; 22-11-14 at 09:12 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecol View Post
    Hi all
    Wondering if any of you could steer us in the right direction please. This will be our first venture into rebuilding.We are looking at 2 kayfun lite rba on vape king site but have no idea as to what wire n wick sizing to get....we dont wanna do sub ohms... (not up to that stage yet ...bit slow up here in mackay )
    Also have watched a couple of utubes ..seems simple enough...but are we right in thinking that the more wraps you do the lower omhs it turns out to be?? Or we got it all stuffed up ( which wouldnt surprise me at all )
    Thanx ahead for any help n advice given...have a great weekend cheers
    More wraps = more ohms/higher resistance. Kayfuns work well at around 1-1.5 ohms. I'd recommend 28g or 30g kanthal. 6 wraps of 28g around a 2-2.5mm rod will put you in the right range. Are you using regulated or mechanical mods?

Vape King sells a Japanese cotton that works well for wicking.
    Last edited by Vapetoomuch; 22-11-14 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapetoomuch View Post
    More wraps = more ohms/higher resistance. Kayfuns work well at around 1-1.5 ohms. I'd recommend 28g or 30g kanthal. 6 wraps of 28g around a 2-2.5mm rod will put you in the right range. Are you using regulated or mechanical mods?

Vape King sells a Japanese cotton that works well for wicking.
    Thanx for that ...we are both using regulated mods..so probably feel comfortable with the 1.5 ohm ...cheers

AVF Regular
    I would hazard a guess that VK clones would be a lot pricier than if you were to go to the clone warehouse aka fasttech, then you could get a few types to play around with - thats the key. taifuns are popular, theres heaps to choose from. if you pay 2.50 and upgrade your shipping it will get to you in around 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post
    I would hazard a guess that VK clones would be a lot pricier than if you were to go to the clone warehouse aka fasttech, then you could get a few types to play around with - thats the key. taifuns are popular, theres heaps to choose from. if you pay 2.50 and upgrade your shipping it will get to you in around 10 days.
    Ok cool...will have a looksie now. I suppose itd be better to get a few....what I stuff up Col can fix
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    yup just when you order, take note of the amount of days that it says it will ship in, then break up your order into smaller orders accordingly as you dont want stuff thats avaialble to be sent immediately, held up by stuff thats going to take 12 days to ship. do you not like dripping?

Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post
    yup just when you order, take note of the amount of days that it says it will ship in, then break up your order into smaller orders accordingly as you dont want stuff thats avaialble to be sent immediately, held up by stuff thats going to take 12 days to ship. do you not like dripping?
    Okay will b sure to look at that n make sure what I order is all ready to go...feel alittle impatient thou now ive seen how simple it SEEMS to be .dont know why we havent looked into it before...suppose I thought itd be alot more involved...now that we have a size of wire etc to order( thanx to vapestoomuch)..just wanna play
    Never had a go at dripping....now this is niave I suppose but cant understand the concept of having to continously put in a few drops of liquid at a time..or am I not getting the gist of it.

AVF Regular
    +1 for the fast tech idea - If I like the look of something I'll often grab the FT version - if the performs ok, I'll grab an original.... much better to make a $20 mistake than a $180 plus mistake!
    (Aslo keep an eye on the classies - kayuns, russians etc come up there fairly often in both clone and authentic - save a couple of bucks and get quicker shipping)
    akef38 likes this.

AVF Regular
    you just stuff heaps of cotton in so you dont have to redrip as often. dripping is good for tasting new flavours. just to try grab yourself a https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...ch-dripper-rda the wick that comes built in it is actually GOOD and these things pack a real punch for their size. genuine item too not a knock off.

Quote Originally Posted by Skoville View Post
    +1 for the fast tech idea - If I like the look of something I'll often grab the FT version - if the performs ok, I'll grab an original.... much better to make a $20 mistake than a $180 plus mistake!
    (Aslo keep an eye on the classies - kayuns, russians etc come up there fairly often in both clone and authentic - save a couple of bucks and get quicker shipping)
    Thanx ..yeah we been watching the classies...missed out on a kayfun the other night ..by a few mins. so would kayfun n russians be the easiest to rebuild? Col would be more adept at doing it but me...just basic n easy is my moto so if I make the buy hes gotta grin n bear it hahaha..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast