AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

KT mini protank-3, Aaah! it's leaking!!

Hi Guys,

After tootling along with my KT mini-protank 2, I decided that I'd give the mini-protank 3 a go. Dual coils! That's gotta be a good thing, right?

So I ordered a starter pack and some spare coils from health cabin.

To start with, it was great. I couldn't fill the tank up quite as much due to the taller coil and decreased inner tube length, but the vape volume was noticably better. I also preferred the straight pipe drip tip.

Anyway, everything was peachy (or chocolatey, in my case) for about 2 weeks until I decided to disassemble it and clean it in my ultra-sonic cleaner and change the coil for a new one...

Gurgle gurgle, blech! Ptew, ptew! Suddenly there's e-liquid everywhere. Constant gurgling. liquid in my mouth. Very reduced vapor. i tried, dissasembling, cleaning and reassembling it, changing the coil again. Googling and trying fixes like adding extra gaskets etc. Nothing worked. I went through about 15ml of fluid in the space of two days. Most of it ended up on a wad of tissues that I had to start carrying around with me.

I eventually put a fresh coil in my old mini protank 2 and finally am back to normal vaping. I'd started to forget how satisfying it was to vape trouble free

What went wrong?

The only thing I can think of at the moment was the new coil I put in was the old type with the external wick, not the new type with the internal wick. Apparently both are compatible, but the original coil that came with the unit was of the newer type.

Old type - external wick
    225pc Replacement BDC for KRT3D22.jpg

New type - internal wick
    5pc Replacements Upgraded Bottom Dual Coils 8837.jpg

Any one else had this experience with the mini protank 3?

AVF Regular
    When you put it through the ultrasonic cleaner perhaps you dislodged an o ring and didn't put it back or maybe in the wrong spot, it's clutchin at straws a bit....

AVF Regular
    I had the same problem with a cheaper clone version. The thing would gradually empty itself in my pocket. Is yours definitely authentic?

I had accidentally ordered one which was described as 'like' Mini Protank 3

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    It was the coil it seems. My new upgraded coils arrived yesterday. Popped one in, filled it up and have been vaping happily on my Protank 3 since then. No leaks, no gurgling. Nice to have you back lil buddy!