Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BrianS
  • 1 Post By Fractal
  • 1 Post By Snidely_Whiplash

Thread: Marquis RDA!!!!! looks like an improved Veritas!

Marquis RDA!!!!! looks like an improved Veritas!

Review by PBusardo!

now THIS is something i would really LOVE to get!! what do you guys think? Hope shops in aussies will grab this!!

P.S. feeling bad to think about it, but hoping for clones
    Currently Owning: Magma // Onslaught // Kayfun Lite // Vanilla Clone // Subtank Mini // VS rDNA40
    WTS: Aspire Naut Mini // AGA T5 // Infinite CLT V2 //// Previously Owned: Vaporshark rDNA30 // Vulcan // Big Dripper
    Looking for: VaporFlask DNA40 & SX mini temp control // Marquis RDA // Derringer RDA

AVF Regular
    why clones?
    Marquis RDA - Avid Vaper just buy
    oneANT likes this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

Jay
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    why clones?
    Marquis RDA - Avid Vaper just buy
    $145 would be the answer :-) I cannot justify spending that much on an RDA. Sure it will be better quality but not 4-5 times better.

Note: $$$ saved is not true as I now spend it all (plus more) on vaping gear

Jay
    AVF Regular
    Just watched the video. The rebuilding tools look great. Can't wait to get my hands on a clone. Building those chimney coils looks like fun!

Note: $$$ saved is not true as I now spend it all (plus more) on vaping gear

AVF Regular
    *Ring ring* Hello? Yes... yes I will take that 0300 overtime shift next week *sigh*.

I'll be picking one of these up for sure. I'm really excited about this atty. It's exactly what I'm looking for in another RDA (similar deck layout, deep juice well, and ass-about airflow of a Veritas, but looks like an easier build). I am fanboy-level crazy about my Veritas so I'd say there's roughly a 95% chance I'd be absolutely besotted with this thing.

I don't have a vendetta against clones (or the people that use them) or anything like that, but I'll be going straight to the authentic on this one. I don't have confidence that the clone manufacturers will get the tolerances tight enough for the build rods not to flop around like limp dicks (amongst other things. There's a lot going on in that atty that requires accuracy of machining and attention to detail).

Yeah, it's a pricey atty. I'll be waiting another pay cycle or two before I buy one (a little tapped out from Black Friday juice sales right now). But I'm not too worried about the price - I consider devices to only be financially wasteful if they sit on a shelf gathering dust. If I enjoy and use the hell out of something, then it was worth the expense - and I figure that a well made atty will likely withstand many, many years of heavy use before critically failing.
    Gresh11 likes this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    *Ring ring* Hello? Yes... yes I will take that 0300 overtime shift next week *sigh*.

I'll be picking one of these up for sure. I'm really excited about this atty. It's exactly what I'm looking for in another RDA (similar deck layout, deep juice well, and ass-about airflow of a Veritas, but looks like an easier build). I am fanboy-level crazy about my Veritas so I'd say there's roughly a 95% chance I'd be absolutely besotted with this thing.

I don't have a vendetta against clones (or the people that use them) or anything like that, but I'll be going straight to the authentic on this one. I don't have confidence that the clone manufacturers will get the tolerances tight enough for the build rods not to flop around like limp dicks (amongst other things. There's a lot going on in that atty that requires accuracy of machining and attention to detail).

Yeah, it's a pricey atty. I'll be waiting another pay cycle or two before I buy one (a little tapped out from Black Friday juice sales right now). But I'm not too worried about the price - I consider devices to only be financially wasteful if they sit on a shelf gathering dust. If I enjoy and use the hell out of something, then it was worth the expense - and I figure that a well made atty will likely withstand many, many years of heavy use before critically failing.
    I'm glad to see some sense enter this thread. Besides BrianS's post, that is. Very well said Fractal!
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    And now for the best 2 min video review out there:
    ermoon2 likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid