Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Altered1
  • 1 Post By Cath Mort

Thread: ego/evod HELP!

ego/evod HELP!

This started yesterday, will do my best to explain the problem.

The battery is firing, but making a very small amount of vapor. And when I take a pull, it's almost as if there is some feeling of resisitance, almost like a blocked airflow, but I've cleaned everything, make sure the connection was good, replaced the top flavor wick, tried swapping different coils...but the weird part is is that it comes and goes. I'm stumped.

Any clues?

AVF Regular
    check the air holes in the coil base are not blocked, or you are not blocking with your fingers
    gtadmin, Cath Mort and Davi like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Checked all three air holes. I guess I should mention this began after using an ego-510 adapter for a day or two. Any correlation?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexwlamb View Post
    Checked all three air holes. I guess I should mention this began after using an ego-510 adapter for a day or two. Any correlation?
    You checked the holes by poking a needle through them?
    Does it still misbehave with the adaptor removed?
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    This can sometimes happen if you've screwed your clearo onto your ego battery too tight. I learnt this in my early days. It takes a little practice sometimes to get the right 'feel' of screwing the Evod (any clearo) down (gently) until it just connects without being tight. If it's tight, just try unscrewing it a little bit and see if that makes a difference.

The only thing that should be screwed in tight is your bottom coil so that it doesn't leak juice. You can also get dud coils now and then, as well. Try a couple and if they don't make any difference, don't throw them out, rinse them, leave to dry and use again when needed (just in case the problem wasn't the coil )

And, as GT suggest, make sure those airholes are clear, they can seem clear but can have sticky juice inside the holes.
    gtadmin likes this.