Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By Crisscross
  • 5 Post By giruvian
  • 1 Post By Flying Rhino
  • 1 Post By hun113
  • 2 Post By Christian R
  • 2 Post By MajorLazer

Thread: Is a DNA 40 really worth the upgrade for a non rebuilder?

AVF Regular

Is a DNA 40 really worth the upgrade for a non rebuilder?

I have a couple of great genuine DNA 30 box mod and they all work flawlessly, (As it should) I only use a nautlius tank with 1.6ohm BVC coils, always set to 13W giving me a steady 4.8V which is were i like my juice. It gives me Great flavour, great vaper and just a great vape. If i am only am using my DNA 30 with a naut/silo with BVC coils, is it really worth upgrading to the DNA 40?
    I mean other then the temp control, I dont need the extra 10W. I dont rebuild and just use BVC coils. Is there really any point it upgrading? if i only use this current set-up and it works flawlessly, day in day out on my current DNA 30.
    Last edited by MajorLazer; 29-11-14 at 08:02 PM.

AVF Regular
    Forget the functionality......... Do you like it..... Do you want one.... If you answered yes to either of those questions then it is worth the upgrade.
    Polo89, MajorLazer and hun113 like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    Unless you just want to buy a new mod for the hell of it - then no.

Nothing wrong with wanting a new mod just for the hell of it though
    Crisscross, Fatman, Polo89 and 2 others like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

well aspire did post a teaser a little while ago about temperature control heads (nickel coil) that looked like it was for the nautilus.
    I reckon that might make it worth it, when they come out.....

BVC Temperature Sensing Coil
    Last edited by Flying Rhino; 29-11-14 at 08:31 PM. Reason: added link
    MajorLazer likes this.

AVF Regular
    Not really IMHO. The way I vape is very similar to you, i vape around 9.6W and hardly vape above 14W only when i do lung hit. I do use RTA like eXpromizer and Rose however my coil build is only ranging from 1.5 to 1.9 ohm.
    Few reasons that I got it is i never had a DNA devices, so i like to give it a try, i never got the DNA 30 because two things, it doesn't have the reverse battery protection and it doesn't have the buck/step down regulator. Those are the reason i went for the DNA 40.
    Last edited by hun113; 29-11-14 at 08:35 PM.
    MajorLazer likes this.

AVF Regular
    Best vape I have ever had, sort of, so far.

Set the temp and go. Don't think about Watts really as this thing takes care of that bit in its own way.

It is different, as in a whole new paradigm to come to terms with.

The thing is with non re-builders is that it is looking that various companies are going to bring out atomisers to work with this very interesting chip.
    Last edited by Christian R; 29-11-14 at 08:53 PM.
    Polo89 and MajorLazer like this.

AVF Regular
    I think if they start making the BVc coils with temp thing and they are mass produced and availiable From our aussie vendors then hell yes i will get one! due to my love of the BVC in a silo e.t.c.

yes they did fix the reverse battery problem which is good, however my DNA 30 devices are all lipos so that doesent really matter. And like i said 10 extra Watts is not needed, (for me)

Now setting the temp thing is abit off putting for me IMHO, i dont like the fahrenhight display personally but i can see its uses for many hardcore rebuilders out there, and how it works.

But in a nutshell i think until these BVC's with sensing control come out and are available to our aussie vendors, I think i will be happy with my current DNA 30 lipo devices with my nauts/silos on top at 13W. Im just so used to adjusting wattage and seeing how much voltage its giving me, rather than adjusting the temp in *fahrenhight*! not celcious.

Anyway i see its place and i also see myself rather saving the money and buying juice and other things.

But thanks for all the replies and opinions.

Major.
    giruvian and Crisscross like this.