Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapetoomuch
  • 2 Post By Gigantor

Thread: First Mech Mod - Battery Question

First Mech Mod - Battery Question

Evening all,

I have just purchased three mech mods form cdan that can be seen here. My question is in regards to what batteries to buy to power them. I'm only looking to spend around the $50 mark at this stage for a couple of batteries and a charger.

I have narrowed it down to the Panasonic NCR18650PF and the Samsung INR18650 25R. I'm not really looking at sub-ohming (at this stage) so I think either would be suitable but just wanted to make sure before I bought them. I have noticed that the Panasonic ones are nipple top and the Samsung are flat. Does this make a difference?

Also are the Nitecore i4 chargers ok?

Thanks for the help.

AVF Regular
    Nightcore charger still going strong after 6 months daily use.

I use flat tops in my stingray clone... it just depends on each mech requirements. I found that a nipple tops give a little more throw to the switch.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    I'd recommend having both nipple and flat-top batteries on hand. Atomiser 510 pins vary quite a bit. Some mech mods can adjust to almost any atomiser/battery combo, while others will benefit from the choice of flat-top or nipple-top. The Samsung 25R batteries are supposed to be good. I'm using some LG HE2 at the moment and they work very well.
    merexy likes this.

Thanks for the advice guys. I bought a couple of 25Rs and a nitecore i4 charger and they have been working really well.
    Fatman and akef38 like this.