Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: dna 40 impressions

dna 40 impressions

Hi guys figured I'd start this one up to share our impressions of the new dna 40 chip. I've been running a duel ni200 coil @ .21 via an orchid and a .18 ni200 on the squape reloaded. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with temp protection at this point. I've only run around 3ml through the orchid but the flavour and density of the vape is great. Admittedly I've coped a few dry hits from the orchid but I think that's more of a wicking issue than a chip issue. The squape reloaded setup on the other hand is sensational. I've run about 10-12 ml through the build so far with a 90vg/10pg juice and it's amazing. I've pulled the deck out a few times to see if the usual build up of gunk has started and the wick and coil are ridiculously clean compared to what it would usually be with a standard build on it. What's everyone else's impressions so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear:-
    sigelei 100w, ZNA50, Istick, Provari 2.5 , VTR, EVIC, ZMAX V5, VAMO V3, MVP v1, k1000 mech epipe, Smok Magneto v2, Hana v3, dovpo E-mech, nemesis SS

AVF Regular
    Does it really live up to the hype? Not sure to get with a high wattage device next or dna40

AVF Regular
    I think it is great, you need to learn to think differently about coils and Watts and all that entails.

I am sold and want another one.

AVF Regular
    I'm waiting to get a vapor flask, to get a dna40.
    I want to be able to set the temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by bronco View Post
    Does it really live up to the hype? Not sure to get with a high wattage device next or dna40
    There's definitely a learning curve attached but I haven't picked up any of my other devices since getting my rdna will probe get a vapor flask too lol even without using the temp protect feature the chip is way more precise than any other device I've owned and that includes a v3 hana

sigelei 100w, ZNA50, Istick, Provari 2.5 , VTR, EVIC, ZMAX V5, VAMO V3, MVP v1, k1000 mech epipe, Smok Magneto v2, Hana v3, dovpo E-mech, nemesis SS

Got my rdna 40 today, a quick question- how do you get the device to prompt “New Coil? UP YES/DOWN NO”. I have had a go with my atlantis, lemo with kanthal and a magma with nickel. I've only seen it come up a handful of times but when I put the nickel build on it was stuck in volt mode, it did change to temp mode eventually after pulse firing a few times but it should be giving me the prompt yeah?
    Am I doing somthing wrong?

AVF Regular
    Instead of putting up a new thread i thought I'll ask here.
    For everyone that has the dna 40 device, do you notice that your battery stats on the screen stays full to almost full all the time?
    Only if you have not use it for a while, then you press the fire button, after the screen says Evolv dna 40 that it will show you the true battery capacity, but after you press the fire button a few times after that the battery on the screen will go back to full or almost full again.
    I used my VS for 2 full days and i wondered why the battery is still full, so last night i took it out and put it in my Nitecore I2 and it said 3.61V.
    Has anyone noticed this? It cant be that i have a faulty chip as i have 2 devices and both are doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Rhino View Post
    Got my rdna 40 today, a quick question- how do you get the device to prompt “New Coil? UP YES/DOWN NO”. I have had a go with my atlantis, lemo with kanthal and a magma with nickel. I've only seen it come up a handful of times but when I put the nickel build on it was stuck in volt mode, it did change to temp mode eventually after pulse firing a few times but it should be giving me the prompt yeah?
    Am I doing somthing wrong?
    I've noticed the same thing. Doesn't really bother me as it kicks into the mode it needs to be in after a few clicks. It's probably the only thing so far that I think needs improvement

Flying Rhino likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hun113 View Post
    Instead of putting up a new thread i thought I'll ask here.
    For everyone that has the dna 40 device, do you notice that your battery stats on the screen stays full to almost full all the time?
    Only if you have not use it for a while, then you press the fire button, after the screen says Evolv dna 40 that it will show you the true battery capacity, but after you press the fire button a few times after that the battery on the screen will go back to full or almost full again.
    I used my VS for 2 full days and i wondered why the battery is still full, so last night i took it out and put it in my Nitecore I2 and it said 3.61V.
    Has anyone noticed this? It cant be that i have a faulty chip as i have 2 devices and both are doing the same thing.
    I noticed the same thing yesterday it went from almost full to virtually empty very quickly. I chucked the battery into an i2 and the reading came up as 3.5 ran it down to 2.9 before it went dead

hun113 likes this.

AVF Regular
    2.9? Daymmm thats low. I'm always under the impression for lithium ion we can't let it go to low and we have to charge it when it gets to about 3.5? I could be wrong though.
    Thanks for confirming that Virtank.
    On another topic what gauge do you use? What ID and how many wraps to get 0.18ohm on your squape?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast