Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Gazillions of whots!

AVF Regular

Gazillions of whots!

I don't understand why the need to have lots of watts.. Is it because they can't build a good coil and need the power to fire their builds..? Or is it because they like to fry the wicking medium? Maybe it's pleasurable in having really hot vapor? Or is it a cloud chasing thing?
    ssstahly and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    It's a "my **** is bigger than yours" kind of thing
    Itchy Pits and merexy like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Aaah, a bit like me and my motorbike rule.. A 600 is cool but I'm used to a 1000 typa thing..
    Altered1 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Higer wattage mods allow me to do things that were never possible before with something like a vamo or a provari. I can build coils and produce vapor and taste that would require me to go way sub ohm back in the old days. For those who are happy with their pro tanks on a provari or a vamo then you will never need the higher wattage mods. For those who like to do something different God gave us the God Mod and some of the other big boys toys.
    Altered1, bakersdozen and Skoville like this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

J-D
    Horses for courses i guess. Just got a regulated device that goes up to 120 watts. Iv tried it at 120 watts for an afternoon, it was nice - as you said hot vapour, lots of clouds and my shit coil building skills to top it off. However im back down to 60 watts which is my normal place. That being said, sometimes its nice just to bring out an PV thats to the tune of 15 watts, single coil and just sit there taking toots at the computer like i would with cigarettes for years. Both ends of the spectrum are medicating in their own respects
    We do not hate as long as we still attach a lesser value, but only when we attach an equal or a greater value.

AVF Regular
    You need to remember that a .2ohm coil on a fresh 4.2 volt battery is pushing 88.2 watts as well so its really not that big of a deal. Its all been done before with mechanicals just now you can get the same result without going to a .2ohm coil.
    Altered1 and Skoville like this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by coal miner View Post
    You need to remember that a .2ohm coil on a fresh 4.2 volt battery is pushing 88.2 watts as well so its really not that big of a deal. Its all been done before with mechanicals just now you can get the same result without going to a .2ohm coil.
    This is a bloody good point.
    High watts have always been going on with mechanicals, hence everyone stressing battery safety - a high wattage regulated mod is in my mind a safer option than a mech, a battery and a stupidly low ohm build- makes me sort of think 'if the large numbers scare you - do actually understand the principles?'
    I didnt - but a couple of hangouts with the Miner and Nakor and a desire to keep my face as beautiful as it is soon taught me to learn about it.

Again - a new vaper with an unregulated box mod is more of a source of concern than the same person with a high wattage regulated mod....

Good call Miner.
    coal miner likes this.

As Skoville said, regulated wattage - at any level - is a hell of a lot safer than a mechanical mod. This has got to be the main issue that has always existed with the mechanicals and finally there are decent mods providing a regulated version of sub ohming. To decry users of regulated mods as poor coil builders or whatever is ridiculous. A bad coil will suck on any mod, regulated or not.

Personally, I used the mechs for a while. However, once I got the Sigelei 100, I haven't really used them since. I don't see the point as it is much easier to build the same coil and wack it on the regulated mod. Using a fused clapton at the moment, it's a ridiculous mass of wire - 24 parellel with 34 outer - a chunk of wire like that would take a lot of power. Of course it could be done fine on a mech but given the heat up time required and the residual heat it leaves, I'm much happier on the box. Would get a copper mod boiling after a few minutes. I just don't need that as I would rather my batteries stay nice and cool the whole time.

I'm not going to go and say regulated is the way of the future, but for me it's a lot easier and safer to sub-ohm on than a tube mechanical.
    coal miner and Skoville like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks mate but in all honesty its not really a pretty head so you have little to worry about.
    Skoville likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Christaplume View Post
    As Skoville said, regulated wattage - at any level - is a hell of a lot safer than a mechanical mod. This has got to be the main issue that has always existed with the mechanicals and finally there are decent mods providing a regulated version of sub ohming. To decry users of regulated mods as poor coil builders or whatever is ridiculous. A bad coil will suck on any mod, regulated or not.

Personally, I used the mechs for a while. However, once I got the Sigelei 100, I haven't really used them since. I don't see the point as it is much easier to build the same coil and wack it on the regulated mod. Using a fused clapton at the moment, it's a ridiculous mass of wire - 24 parellel with 34 outer - a chunk of wire like that would take a lot of power. Of course it could be done fine on a mech but given the heat up time required and the residual heat it leaves, I'm much happier on the box. Would get a copper mod boiling after a few minutes. I just don't need that as I would rather my batteries stay nice and cool the whole time.

I'm not going to go and say regulated is the way of the future, but for me it's a lot easier and safer to sub-ohm on than a tube mechanical.
    Good thing with that build mate is when you finish vaping you can use to to boil water and make toast hahaha I love being able to light up what used to be an almost impossible amount of wire in an instant

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast