Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By venetiansnares

Thread: Evolv DNA 40 Chip compatibility warning

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Evolv DNA 40 Chip compatibility warning

Just found out the hard way, that due to materials construction certain tanks will not work with the DNA 40 chips temperature sensing functionality with Pure Nickel builds.

Evolv & Vaporshark have confirmed that the Russian 91% isn't compatible, and that other similar tanks may not work either. Which is bewildering considering that Vaporshark are selling the Russian 91 with the rDNA 40 as a combo and make no mention to the fact that the biggest selling feature of this chip isn't compatible with the tank Russian + rDNA 40W+ Shark Skin Kit w/ 30 ML E-Liquid

I've tried with my expromizer v1.1 with no success with a nickel build. Its been implied by Vapor Shark that the expromizer being a similar build to the Russian 91% that it too could be incompatible. If anyone else has an expromizer and the new DNA/rDNA 40 it would be good to confirm if its due to incompatibility or not.

Might be worth sharing our experiences using different tanks, evolve DNA 40 chip and ni200 coil builds.
    Last edited by venetiansnares; 07-12-14 at 07:57 PM.

Weird haven't used my 91% with my dna40 but my Russian 2.0 has worked fine

Interesting what is it with the Russian and nickel that it doesn't like? I'm running a rdna40 and Russian on a kanthal and was just about to try nickel

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Interesting what is it with the Russian and nickel that it doesn't like? I'm running a rdna40 and Russian on a kanthal and was just about to try nickel
    Give it a try and find out.

AVF Regular
    The issue is that Russians are known to have a bit of an issue with an unstable 510 connection, it moves supposedly.

I don't have one (Russian) but have been reading about it and the fix is to put an extra 0-ring or 2 under the head of it and then tighten it really firmly.

The DNA40 needs all connections to be very firm as it is sensitive to any change in resistance because that is how it works and is able to track the temp of nickel coils.
    Last edited by Christian R; 09-12-14 at 09:30 AM.

Ah that makes sense, yep the centre pin is very wobbly on the Russian especially after you tighten it down onto a mod it will shift a few degrees.

Here's what Vaporshark said when my rDNA 40 wouldn't recognise multiple pure nickel builds on my expromizer.

"Hello,
    As per or conversations with Evolv, certain rts's and rda's will not work right due to the
    metal composition used in fabrication. Also, the atty's must be impeccably clean for the ni200
    to read properly. As of now we know that the Russian 91% does not work, which is similar to the
    atty you have. Try a different atty and please let us know of the results.
    Feel free to contact Evolv with any questions you may have as well.
    Thank You.
    Mike"

I'm otherwise very happy with the expromizer, so I don't really want to have to go and buy another atty just to do their beta testing for them.
    disley likes this.

Update from eXvape regarding expromizer temperature sensing compatibility. They said whilst they are not familiar with the new Mods, that they think the incompatibility could quite possibly be due to the SS centre screw, brass spring and brass pin.

AVF Regular
    This is why I like mech's.

AVF Regular
    i got ft clones - russian, fogger and veritas, newish kayfun nano and all worked fine with my rdna40 and ni200. Havent tried the kayfun 3.1 and magma as yet...
    Last edited by sams; 19-12-14 at 10:45 PM.

When life throws you lemons, vape lemonade.

I like simple. If it's not simple, I don't like it.