Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By fad
  • 1 Post By himynameisbunny
  • 1 Post By fad

Thread: Can DNA and DNA clone chips go less than 4 volts?

AVF Regular

Can DNA and DNA clone chips go less than 4 volts?

I put my 1.8 ohm apsire coil onto my clouper Cana at 7.0W, clicked the button and voltage read 3.4V.

I thought the Clouper Cana and the authentic DNA chips werent able to go below 4 volts, no matter how low the ohms are.

Is this accurate, or am I missing something?

fad
    AVF Regular
    The genuine DNA chips before DNA40 don't do stepdown (buck) so they'll pass whatever voltage the battery is giving through to the atomizer. Have you checked how much charge the battery has? Could be that the battery was mostly empty and thus the 3.4V

Note that DNA40, special editions for Innokin, and (some) clones will do stepdown.
    PurpleVapes likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    The genuine DNA chips before DNA40 don't do stepdown (buck) so they'll pass whatever voltage the battery is giving through to the atomizer. Have you checked how much charge the battery has? Could be that the battery was mostly empty and thus the 3.4V

Note that DNA40, special editions for Innokin, and (some) clones will do stepdown.
    I recharged the battery. You were right.

I attached this voltage reader that I bought from madvapes between the Clouper DNA30 and the Silo Tank with 1.8ohm coil.

From 7W to about 9.8W the madvapes voltmeter reads 3.77. Even at 7Watts and the Cloupor is showing 3.4V, the voltmeter shows 3.77.

So my last question is then, if the device is drawing the current directly from the battery, is it completely unregulated and dangerous, in that, there is no short circuit protection?

AVF Regular
    It still has all the protections, it is just passing through the same voltage as the battery though

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    PurpleVapes likes this.

fad
    AVF Regular
    No. Evolv put in a lot of protection into their boards. It won't run away on you.
    PurpleVapes likes this.