Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Looking for a good rebuilders toolkit also wicking a rose v2 clone

AVF Regular

Looking for a good rebuilders toolkit also wicking a rose v2 clone

Hey guys, so first of all, chrissie is coming up and my dearest mother wanted to know what to get me, I saw a post floating around, I think from DEATHGUYJ about the box from vapevine.
    I'm really interested in a rebuildable tool kit similar to this, something that packs away nicely into a box. Pliers, tweezers, screwdrivers, scissors, OHM meter etc. The battery charger is a nice touch but not completely necessary, something that could hold some juice and maybe some batteries as well as wick and wire would be great

The only reason I'm posting this is because no matter what device of mine I try to use to look up vapevine it says I can't access the site due to a DNS server issue, is anyone else having trouble accessing it?

Another thing is I recently got a rose V2 clone, I've tried wicking it with cotton a few times but to no avail. Would I maybe get a better experience from Silica?
    It vapes, I just seem to get almost no flavor and the coil seems like it's just a little bit slow to wick, even with the juice control wide open....

Any help would be appreciated.
    Pipesub likes this.

If you're not winning, you should be learning from loss.

Hi Shadzy,
    I've got a Rose V2 and have never had problems wicking. You can use cotton (regular, Japanese, etc) or Rayon and of course silica.
    What kind and size of coil are you wrapping? How are you arranging your wick - split to fill all 4 juice slots or folded back and routed to the second channel (hard to describe this one). A few things that may impact wicking are coil size and wick density (tightness). Is your wick tight in the coil? Is your wick twisted to get in the juice channels or have you fluffed it back out after threading? Lots of Youtube vids for this (search "wicking the rose v2"). There is also the Eden Mods FB page.
    Don't give up on the cotton. Better flavour IMO. Good luck

AVF Regular
    At the moment I'm trying to use what's on Eden Mods Youtube channel.
    Which was the diagonal coil and the cotton folded back on it's self and then into the neighbouring channel. I've tried it with Japanese cotton and just not been having much luck.
    Using a standard 30 G 1.5 ohm contact micro coil was thinking about jamming a macro coil and slightly less cotton into the channels themselves.

I use cotton in my patriot and CLT2 with no problems, in fact I prefer it. Maybe i've just not tinkered with it enough and found the sweet spot yet.
    Pipesub and LimeB like this.

If you're not winning, you should be learning from loss.

Sounds like you are on the right track. I build 28g and 32g micro coils on 2mm and 2.5mm forms. I've used boiled cotton balls, Japanese cotton and rayon. They are all different in taste but work fine if successful.
    Are your ohm readings on your tester or device matching your coil build calculations? I find that it's tricky getting the leg length right for the spacing above the centre air hole. I use a diagonal coil build as well. I also find that the grub screws that secure the coil wires can need occasional tightening. Oh, just re-read the OP - I'm on an original so if you want to compare the clone to the original I can put up some pics for you.

AVF Regular
    I haven't had any wicking problems with my Rose V2 clone but I use 26g kanthal. I've read that any smaller than 28g kanthal (like 30g & 32g) & the grub screws won't hold it tight enough & you have to double the legs over that go into the holes.
    I also use the diagonal with a 26g micro coil about 1.5mm/2mm dia reading anywhere between .9 & 1.1ohms & I use cotton or rayon wicks.( I haven't tried silica) I just thread my cotton/rayon through & then part it into two strands (like if you were going to plat a girls hair) Then I put one strand into each slot & double it back up into the top of the slot & cut off any excess that sticks up.
    It's a fantastic atty so stick with it until you get it working. If I were having these problems I would go for a silica build which is less problematic.
    Pipesub likes this.

This is what I have.

No need for anything else.
    I don't use those cheap ohm meters because I only use hybrids.

Actually, here you go.

AVF Regular
    I have the exact same experience, did the same fold back cotton wicking single coil build as you. It just doesn't seem to wick much. Good thing is it has not flooded or leaked at all either I suppose. I have opened it and poked around with the cotton.
    I am going to stuff around with some compltely new builds next time I get some alone time at home ( has been weeks waiting for that though, and school holidays coming now too).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadzy View Post
    At the moment I'm trying to use what's on Eden Mods Youtube channel.
    Which was the diagonal coil and the cotton folded back on it's self and then into the neighbouring channel. I've tried it with Japanese cotton and just not been having much luck.
    Using a standard 30 G 1.5 ohm contact micro coil was thinking about jamming a macro coil and slightly less cotton into the channels themselves.

I use cotton in my patriot and CLT2 with no problems, in fact I prefer it. Maybe i've just not tinkered with it enough and found the sweet spot yet.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    My experience with rose and cotton is not to fold the cotton over into the neighbouring channel. Had great success splitting the wick tails into four strands (two strands per side) after its in the coil and then just folding the strands back on itself to fill the channel holes. I also trip the strands so that there's only about 5mm sitting outside the channels before folding.

A bit hard to explain with words alone. I'll take some pictures this arvo when I re-wick mine.
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    So where do I get the best deal on leatherman tools?

Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    Actually, here you go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast