Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Altered1

Thread: Total nubie

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Total nubie

Hi all, been reading/lurking for a few days, learnt a bit but lots to learn.
    Been smoking 22 years too long and have just started vaping which feels like I've found a solution thats gunna work,,,happy days.
    I have a kanger evod starter kit, but just realised the plastic tank cant handle most the flavours I want to try.

Am after some recommendations on what I glass clearomizer I should buy that fits nice on the evod battery, that has the least chances of problems..leaks etc. Bit confused about it all atm.
    Thanks.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
    ... I have a kanger evod starter kit, but just realised the plastic tank cant handle most the flavours I want to try.
    What? Can't they? I'm not that experienced as a vaper, but that is news to me.

My general rule would be: if a substance eats through plastic, I would not vape it from any container.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

I havent cracked a tank yet, but according to Mt Baker, a lot of their flavours have a warning saying dont use in plastic tanks as it will destroy it??
    Its all their sweeter flavours and fruit flavours???

I havent cracked a tank yet, but according to Mt Baker, a lot of their flavours have a warning saying dont use in plastic tanks as it will destroy it??

E-Juice Flavors That May Break a Plastic Tank | Mt Baker Vapor

AVF Regular
    Hi and welcome Mate. I started my vaping journey with a Kanger Evod2 starter kit and got myself some Kanger Evod2 glass tanks for the tank cracking juices. They were good and easy to refill and the replaceable coils are cheap. Well done on making the switch.
    After smoking heavily for 27 years i decided to stay away from the tobacco flavours , which worked for me amd there are so many flavours out there i have found i havent missed it.
    If you check out the New Vapers area there is a lot of info, and its a good spot to put up any questions you might have as the more experienced vapers here are happy to share their knowledge..
    Its a good idea to pop your location in your profile, often there may be a member who may be local to your area.

lmb
    AVF Regular
    Some flavours are known to crack plastic tanks, usually citrus, cinnamon or aniseed. Most other flavours aren't too bad. If you're concerned I think there is an evod glass clearo available, and a fair few from aspire.
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    some acidic juices can crack a plastic tank. just upgrade your clearo to something with pyrex like a nautilus, in mini if you want. or the protank 3 mini - these are dual coil. if you want to continue to use the same coils, you could get a protank 2 maybe?
    JenJ likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by newtothis View Post

E-Juice Flavors That May Break a Plastic Tank | Mt Baker Vapor
    I wouldn't take this list too seriously, except for the cinnamon and citrus ones. Even if you do crack a tank it's not the end of the world...there's no explosion or anything. Only a tiny, barely noticeable, fracture within the plastic.

But nothing wrong with glass tanks either, so if you want to get some go for it. The Protank 2 would look fine on the Kanger batteries.

Or if you really want to upgrade the Kanger Aerotank Mini is great. But it's a bit pricier and you will need the dual coils for it.

Good luck.

Thanks for the fast replys, wow, awesome site. Will check out the pro tank 2.
    Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section.