Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Spheroid and micro stick help!

AVF Regular

Spheroid and micro stick help!

Ok so I have just pm'd the queen of micro sticks btobw but I'm ocd and impatient which never helps when you have a problem!

My new spheroid arrived made the coil as gresh11 suggested and it doesn't Fire now I don't have another mod to test it on but I'm pretty sure it's not making contact with the MS as my Sophia works fine. So my question is can you adjust the spheroid centre pin or microstick so that it does make contact or am I missing something altogether?

Help much appreciated as my ocd is kicking in and I'm staring to lose it ha ha ha ba

Nick :-)

AVF Regular
    What version Spheroid? V3 has an adjustable positive pin.

Also, what brand battery are you using?
    CMB, lheamfrg and btobw like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    V2 and red aw imr I think they are called

AVF Regular
    Sorry, I re-read your post after I'd posted mine and realised you said it was working with the Sophia, so it won't be a battery issue.

How flush is the positive pin to bottom of the 510 threading? Does it look like it protrudes far enough to make a connection? Are you able to take a fairly close up photo of the base and 510?
    gtadmin and btobw like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    Nick, if you can somehow confirm that the problem isn't with the build in the Spheroid (an ohm checker, for instance), there's a FAQ at FAQ's - Mini ECIG

The first item is trouble-shooting when the Microstick is not firing - well worth a look. Since you originally had problems getting the Sophia to fire consistently, there may still be something that needs tweaking in the Microstick.

Edit: Oh - and wot 308 said about the Spheroid's positive pin, of course.
    gtadmin, CMB and 308hjute like this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Silly question? I don't have another mod and won't probably till Monday Tuesday if I find something to bridge the gap if it is a contact issue will that work.. Not sure what to bridge it with..

AVF Regular
    Spheroid is probably cactus.
    Give you $50 + express post.

(Where in Syd are you? Might be able to help out with a mod to check or build maybe?)
    Last edited by Skoville; 12-12-14 at 06:11 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoville View Post
    Spheroid is probably cactus.
    Give you $50 + express post.

(Where in Syd are you? Might be able to help out with a mod to check or build maybe?)
    Ha ha ha thanks mate, But I'm up on northern beaches so long journey to check an atty

AVF Regular
    The obvious solution is to bring it to the Steamers vape meet tomorrow, Nick! There'll be mods and multimeters galore to test it on. You could also bring that cute little hybrid of yours.

Edit: Normally I'd be up around Cromer some time over the weekend visiting my Mum, but I'm taking her on holidays to Perth from mid week, so the schedule is thrown out.
    Last edited by btobw; 12-12-14 at 08:30 PM.
    Fatman likes this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    I would love to but I'll be at work :-( having done a bit of super Vape sleuthing last night I managed to work out that it is a connection problem with the centre pin. I placed a small piece of aluminium foil to bridge the gap and what do you know works fine. I contacted vaporart where I bought it from and they are trying to say that this is the problem which its not and thoughts peeps?

llo Nick,

If you make a google search regarding the microstick 510 connection:
    https://www.google.gr/search?client=...roblem&spell=1

you’ll find many references. Our 510 connector has a length of 4 mm and the positive pin protrudes 0,5-0,1 mm, so the issue comes from the other side of the connection.

More information by the creator of the microStick, the issue is easily fixed:

Some new MicroSticks are not firing - Mini ECIG

Mods by Chels - mini-ecig - Page 155 - E-Cigarette Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast