Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nakor

Thread: Burnt metal taste!! yuck!

AVF Regular

Burnt metal taste!! yuck!

hi ppl, i was vaping on my kayfun today and everything was fine. and all the sudden i tasted this metallic yucky taste in my mouth. I assumed it was wick not getting enough juice so i filled it up. 2-3drags, it was fine then it stroke again. i took the whole thing out and washed it, rebuilt coil and thought it was the previous build that caused it. but i was wrong. same thing happened ive rebuilt 4 times today and wasted whole lot of cotton and wire. now, im kinda afraid i'd get the s**t taste again
    i had kayfun for about 2weeks now, had no problem what so ever with it. could a too long coil possibly cause this sort of problem? cos i did add 1-2 extra wraps to aim for higher ohm. any experts on the matter?

AVF Regular
    Sounds a bit like a hot leg\spot.

If any part of the coil glows while it's juiced up and you're drawing on it, you'll get that taste.
    Toddosh likes this.

AVF Regular

Burnt metal taste!! yuck!

Are you going a microcoil? If so you might be getting dry hits? Blocking the juice channels with cotton will do this. Although it won't really taste metallic, that normally points to what Nakor said.
    When I first built kayfuns, I never had a problem besides getting the wicking right.
    Last edited by ssstahly; 24-12-14 at 06:55 AM.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    It is also possible on high VG juice. I sometimes get a dry hit if I am using 70% VG and above.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18