Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: RDA Recommendations please

RDA Recommendations please

I've been looking to purchase my first RDA but I'm completely overwhelmed by the options available, and more importantly the lack of information about why I should choose one over another. A few facts about my vaping journey so far:

• I quite smoking and starting vaping around 10 months ago
    • Spent a few months on Kangertech Protank Mini 2 before upgrading
    • My current RBA setup is a Russian 91% on Seglei Zmax V3 (18500). I run a single 1.3ohm microcoil with organic cotton wick
    • I already own 28g Kanthol and cotton wicks, so I'm looking for something that responds well to these components
    • I generally vape between 0mg and 2mg nicotine, any higher and I don't like it
    • I am a flavour junkie! Vapour density and flavour are my goals
    • I'm really enjoying the rebuildable aspect, and the hobby side of vaping. My wife thinks I spend more time reading and rebuilding than I do vaping!

I've realised that 90% of my vaping is done at home anyway, so I don't really need a tank atomiser all the time. I'm excited to start dripping! Where do I start?
    Please don't suggest sub-ohming. I will get there eventually but the zmax doesn't handle under 1.2ohms so for the time being this my limit.

Any genuine suggestions by users would be greatly appreciated (no store affiliated sales pitches please)

AVF Regular
    Nothing wrong with a 1.2+Ohm build.

Something like a Magma? or Igo L or W ? Most RDA's are fairly cheap... pick one with a deep juice well, and a deck that is well layed out. your call on the types of screws. some people dont like allen screws for the coil hold down screws

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Jay
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    Most Clone RDA's are fairly cheap...
    Edited :-)

My favourite RDA's for flavour are the Magma and Lancia. I find the ones with massive air flow are great for lung vapes and clouds but they sacrifice flavour.
    Altered1 likes this.

Note: $$$ saved is not true as I now spend it all (plus more) on vaping gear

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Personally the N22 has replaced the magma. 4 streams of under coil airflow gives great flavour like the magma, but seems to bring out more notes in the juice IMHO. and the cyclops air intake gives much better adjustability compared to the magma. Seem to recall vaporeyes having both clones in stock so might be worthwhile checking them out. Personally got the authentic n22 so can't comment on the n22 clone quality but the clone magma is great.

Good luck with search.

Thanks for the recommendations so far. A Magma clone is currently in my shopping cart so that's a good start, but I can probably afford a few different one (yes they are cheap!). I don't really like the look of the Igos.

I would like to a add a 3-post dripper to my list, so I can experiment with some dual coil builds (sleeper build!). Was looking at a Plume Veil clone but currently sold out at fasttech. What is a comparable item? Features I am interested in are welded posts, clean layout, high conductivity materials, plenty of air flow.

AVF Regular
    CLT or CLT V2 would be a good alternative to the plume veil.
    Last edited by J_B_86; 24-12-14 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sith.neko View Post
    Personally the N22 has replaced the magma. 4 streams of under coil airflow gives great flavour like the magma, but seems to bring out more notes in the juice IMHO. and the cyclops air intake gives much better adjustability compared to the magma. Seem to recall vaporeyes having both clones in stock so might be worthwhile checking them out. Personally got the authentic n22 so can't comment on the n22 clone quality but the clone magma is great.

Good luck with search.
    Oh great thanks, that answers my 3 post request too. N22 deck looks very suave, copper pin too... now in the shopping cart :-)

AVF Regular
    The V2 Vertex & Lancia are next on my list. Be careful buying from Fasttech, most of the stuff I've bought from there ended up in the bin. If you want to buy clones I'd be getting them from local venders that list the company that manufactured them. Companies like Tobeco, at least that way you should be able to see a review online of the exact one you're getting. Clones are nothing like the authentics from my limited experience with them.

Jay
    AVF Regular
    When buying clones from Fasttech, read the comments. Not all clones are made equally.

My Magma from there is better than my locally bought one. My Lancia from Fasttech doesn't leak at all but Rip Trippers review of the original said it leaked like a *****. Luck of the draw I guess.

Note: $$$ saved is not true as I now spend it all (plus more) on vaping gear

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    When buying clones from Fasttech, read the comments. Not all clones are made equally.

My Magma from there is better than my locally bought one. My Lancia from Fasttech doesn't leak at all but Rip Trippers review of the original said it leaked like a *****. Luck of the draw I guess.
    Yes thank you I'm aware of the gamble involved with fasttech and clones in general. So far I would say I've had good luck with them, but I can see that others haven't. In saying that I bought an 'authentic' Russian 91% (lol they're all clones I know) because its a tank, I needed it to be robust and survive days in my pocket without leaking.

At this point I'm going to throw $50 at 3 different clones and roll the dice. The CLT2 looks nice as well, so currently the shortlist is N22, CLT2 and a Magma.

Looking into Vertex & Lancia now.

Am I ok to try these all out with my Zmax (5-15w) mod? I see a lot of RDA reviews from people talking about 30w and 100w mods, but not sure why they would need so much power to fire a few coils. Am I missing something?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast