Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Smok Xpro M50

AVF Regular

Smok Xpro M50

Collected my Smok Xpro M50 today, and with the litter of small yet relatively powerful box mods hitting the market, just wanted to share some thoughts as I don't believe too much is known about the device. I'd like to point out I'm still relatively new to vaping, especially at higher wattages, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

For those that don't know, it's a 50 watt mod that takes a 18650. I've went past steamers on my way to DHL in Botany and grabbed a couple Samsung 25R's to power it.

The size, for what it can do, is pretty incredible. Some of the new mods that are coming out that are considered "mini", like the IPV mini, I don't truly consider a mini device. The M50 however isn't too much bigger than the Istick:

On the outside, build quality of the case itself feels good, not GREAT, but good, the box itself is light, and the buttons are reasonable. The Silo Tank and Atlantis sit flush:

The Subtank sits good, but not flush. There is about 1mm of over hang from what I can tell, but doesn't impact the usability of the pairing:

The device has a micro USB charging port, and is clearly made for the batteries to be charged that way, as there is four screws, which can only be removed with a small allen key which comes included in the box:

There is 4 extra screws included in the box, a charging cable, what appears to be a extra button for some reason (which scares me), manual, and a paper that actually states you shouldn't change the battery too often.

When you remove the bottom to put in the battery, the chip and internals can clearly be seen, which is something I don't personally like. I prefer some sort of plastic covering it up and protecting it, if anything, at least for aesthetics.

I won't go too much into how it vapes, as I don't have anything to compare it to, but the Atlantis at 40 watts seems to work great. The wattage shows at all times, however the volts don't show until the button is pressed, unlike the istick which shows which calculates volts based on ohms/wattage set (I assume). All coil heads appear to be reading 0.1 ohms lower than what they should be. All Atlantis heads appear to be 0.4, the 1.2ohm subtank head is reading 1.1ohm. It seems fairly consistent with that flaw.

As I've only had the device for a few hours, that's it for now. I'll post more as I discover/think of it.

AVF Regular
    I'm a Smok fan, saw this a month or so ago, seems like a good unit but I've since added the Sigelei to my wishlist. The M50 looks good though, slightly jealous.

AVF Regular
    Great post, thank you........may I ask where you picked it up from?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by laurie9300 View Post
    Great post, thank you........may I ask where you picked it up from?
    https://vapeb2b.com/pvs-and-mods/var...i-box-mod.html

I ordered it on Tuesday using DHL and collected it today in Sydney from DHL collection office in Botany, so was shipped within 24 hours. They are based out of Hong Kong I noticed, so unlike healthcabin or heavensgifts, and some other chinese vendors, it doesn't need to go through a bunch of stops. Basically direct flight from HK to Sydney. They forgot initially to send me a tracking number, but I received a reply and an apology within 24 hours when I requested one, so I'll give the vendor a thumbs up.

Also want to note that scrolling through the wattage there is an accelerator, however it takes maybe a good 5 seconds to kick in, and then it's pretty quick. Turning off the device and turning it back on keeps your last setting. There is a mech mode which I haven't tried and personally have no interest in.
    disley and CCVaper like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JV321 View Post
    Collected my Smok Xpro M50 today,
    Seems you might have a collectors item JV.

I just read on a couple of sites that the M50's have all been recalled by Smok to be upgraded to M65. The M36 isalso being upgraded to an M40

65W SMOK Xpro M65 Mini Box 18650 VW MOD

https://www.ecigarettelobby.com/xpro...e-box-mod.html

AVF Regular

Smok Xpro M50

(Excuse the toes)

So, charged my m50 using usb cable, it charged fully, and now it won't get off this screen. Tried the reset button, tried taking battery out and in, and it just stays like this. Won't fire, won't do a thing.

How does one of the very few mods that has a reset button turn into a lightweight brick? Sigh.

AVF Regular
    You broke it.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Oh man that sux big time

AVF Regular
    It comes with a 3 month guarantee, they should replace it.

AVF Regular
    My fire button often misfires, it turns off without a reason as well. This started yesterday. When I go to charge, the % jumps around from 63% to79%, then back down. I unplugged it, it then turned off and on by itself. I have 2 of these and the other is an upgraded M50 to 65W, the fire button is more "clicky" where the other one feels smooth.
    Not sure what to expect as life for these things but I don't think they will last long...to be continued.
    disley and Burdy like this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast