Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MVP2 USB Wall Charger..... What one do I need?

MVP2 USB Wall Charger..... What one do I need?

Can anyone please say what USB wall charger I need to buy for my MVP2?
    I can not find any specific details for a safe charger. I just used a old usb one but I can not read the details it is too faint. It gets a bit warm... do not know how warm is normal.

I only need normal speed charging and not to blow up. Thank you

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by grimcod View Post
    Can anyone please say what USB wall charger I need to buy for my MVP2?
    I can not find any specific details for a safe charger. I just used a old usb one but I can not read the details it is too faint. It gets a bit warm... do not know how warm is normal.

I only need normal speed charging and not to blow up. Thank you
    I'm just using my laptop to charge my MVP2. kinda scared to plug it into wall.

AVF Regular
    You will find some specs here for that wall charger:

iTaste MVP 2.0 Wall Charger
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

CCVaper this iTaste MVP 2.0 Wall Charger is in US so I do not know if they have different specs to what I need here?

Quote Originally Posted by gusah193 View Post
    I'm just using my laptop to charge my MVP2. kinda scared to plug it into wall.
    I heard some people don't plug them into computers so they don't fry the computers if something happens. You think not safe in the wall either?!!!!

I found these.
    Buy Jackson 2 Outlet USB Charger - 3.1Amp Surge Protected Outlet | Read Reviews | **** Smith Online Shopping
    Supply rating 230-240VAC ~ 50/60Hz
    Current 10A (Max.)
    Power Rating 2400 Watt (max)
    USB Outlet 5VDC 3.1A

Buy Jackson Surge Protected 240V outlet with 2 X USB | Read Reviews | **** Smith Online Shopping
    It did not have as many details so I found them here I think it is the same: http://www.ji.com.au/pdfs/PT1USB_DATASHEET.pdf
    Supply rating 230-240VAC ~ 50/60Hz
    Current 10A (Max.)
    Power Rating 2400 Watt (max)
    USB Outlet 5VDC 1A

Only difference is one says 3.1A and one says 1A. Are either of these good to choose? I do not understand much about this so if you can say if one of these is good to buy that will make it easy for me. Thank you

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    People. Anything that charges via a USB cable will be able to be used with anything that plugs into the wall that has a USB port. They all output five volts with varying mah, usually 500mah (half amp) but can go up to 2000mah, (which is two or amp) Safe to plug into the wall and in fact better than your computer except for the eGo type stuff.
    akef38 and CCVaper like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

So you are saying either of those are fine. So what is the difference between the 3.A and 1A one above???? Do they make a difference to the MVP2? I am sure if I understood others some would say you need the right one others say anything is ok so it always just confused me and I gave up and just crossed my fingers mine was ok. But I do want a new one as I dont know what quality mine is it is old.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    If you have stuff like an Ipad or other tablet computer, I would be using the three amp output for a faster charge for the larger battery. Smaller stuff like the MVP are maybe better with the one amp (1000ma). Certainly if you are not that confident with the technology, go for the correct charger with the one that ships with the unit in question.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by grimcod View Post
    So you are saying either of those are fine. So what is the difference between the 3.A and 1A one above???? Do they make a difference to the MVP2? I am sure if I understood others some would say you need the right one others say anything is ok so it always just confused me and I gave up and just crossed my fingers mine was ok. But I do want a new one as I dont know what quality mine is it is old.
    I'd get the 3A one. My power board has 2.1A and 1A usb ports and I charge everything on the 2.1A port eg. Phone, Tablet, Hana Clone, eGrip, MVP 2 and iSticks. The device will only draw as much current as it needs.
    Robray likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast