Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Eleaf istick over heating the tank

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Eleaf istick over heating the tank

Anyone had an issue with the istick over heating the tank? Just got mine yesterday.

was vaping on it last night with the new naut mini at around 8-9w. The unit would stay cool but the actual tank would heat up like hell. I'd leave it for a bit then it would cool down then use it again (note chain vaping) and it would heat up the tank again.

Still deciding if i'm a fan of the istick or if i will stick to my vamo and use the istick as a backup.

AVF Regular
    I have 2 of the isticks I run drippers and naut mini haven't really notice , it gets warm but not hot hot.
    I vape at 10 - 11.5 watts on the istick dripper about 15 watts
    Burdy likes this.

Same, chain vaping like i do. It gets pretty warm but not that bad you cant touch. Couple of minutes and its all good. I hit it at about 10w
    Contributing to the moral decay of Australia since 1974

AVF Regular
    How are you guys not getting burnt hits at anything over 9W? I'm down at 7.5-8W (chain vape all day) with 50/50 on the naut mini.. Never gets too hot, but the aspire K1 gets so hot you can't touch it @ anything above 8W?!

AVF Regular
    If I turn the watts up with some toppers (same brand and ohm coil but different flavour), I notice the same thing on the drip tip part. I just turn the watts down.
    Burdy likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    So far the issue doesn't happen on my vamo with the naut mini only on the istick, though on my vamo I have it set to RMS not MEAN so that might be a factor in it.

Main annoying issue is as its heating up the tank its heating the liquid which is then starting to flood the coil and make it spit a bit. tried upping the wattage and lowering it but nope
    Last edited by NateGL; 30-12-14 at 02:30 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NEDWIK View Post
    How are you guys not getting burnt hits at anything over 9W? I'm down at 7.5-8W (chain vape all day) with 50/50 on the naut mini.. Never gets too hot, but the aspire K1 gets so hot you can't touch it @ anything above 8W?!
    I don't know how , but maybe it could be the juice I only vape vapeyes juice my juice is 50/50 1.6 ohms coil , on me dripper about 1 ohms.
    I can put my lemo on and vape 18 watts all good on my istick.

AVF Regular
    I have had the clearo heat up too. Just have to stop the vape for a few minutes.
    Burdy likes this.

AVF Regular
    from what ive read they run higher than what you see on the display. love 'em, been stealthing at my desk this week
    Burdy likes this.

In the morning i tend to hit 8-10w on the mini with the istick. By late arvo i can easily push 12. Its more about flavour for me. The morning vape is a little harsh at 12.

I get about 12ish days from a coil.
    Contributing to the moral decay of Australia since 1974

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast