Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By chris1972

Thread: Mechanical questions

AVF Regular

Mechanical questions

G'day folks,

i been vaping for a couple of years now and have been using and happy with my old sigelei v2. the one with the single peice non-telescoping type body but have decided that it might be time to get myself a mechanical mod. now i know for some 50-100 bucks isn't a great deal but on a pension it's a fair whack out of your fortnightly budget.
    now i don't want a telescoping mod. i've played with a couple of these others have owned and just didn't like them so idealy i'd like a nice solid stainless single piece body mod.(obviously with end caps and the such)At present i have and use 18650 batteries so i'd like a mod that would use these aswell.

Now most mechanicals i've seen have buttons on the base of them. my puffer usually spends it's days standing on my desk and at night standing in the corner of a drawer in my bedside table. do bottom firing mechanicals have issues with cooking away if you stand them like this ?
    i have also seen a lot of them come in sections for different battery sizes. has anyone had any issues with these being weak at the join or constantly coming undone while using them ?

i guess last question. can anyone recommend a good solid one in stainless(i have dropped my current one a few times) for under the 100 bucks mark ?

AVF Regular

Mechanical questions

I've never had a problem with the joins of any extensions on any of my mods, you would think it was all one piece.
    'Some' mods that have bottom firing can fire if stood up, but only if you leave the lock off. Most mods will still stand up without being locked though. There are also a lot of mechs that have a recessed button, which may suit you. Saves having to lock the switch.
    Nakor has a list of genuine mods: http://forums.aussievapers.com/showpost.php?p=539944 No side button mods though.
    Last edited by ssstahly; 06-01-15 at 01:28 PM.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular

Mechanical questions

If I were you, I would probably look at a second hand mod. With mechs especially. Have a look through the classies.
    Even a second hand provari is getting close to $100 now. A provari might be perfect for what your after, can sure take a beating.

Here is a nemesis for sale.
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/showthread.php?t=28824
    Last edited by ssstahly; 06-01-15 at 01:36 PM.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Another idea might be to consider a couple of the Aspire CF Sub Ohm batteries. They will fire down to 0.3ohms and charge with an ego charger. All the benefits of a mech with safety features built in. Plus they contain 2000mAh 40amp batteries built in. Just an idea.
    Skoville and shanea1 like this.
    Provari V2 - CF Sub-Ohm Battery - Eleaf iPower 80w - ECT X.FIR II - Aspire Nautilus - Aspire Atlantis - iClear 30 - Eleaf Lemo 2 - Alien RDA

AVF Regular
    if you drop mods regularly, are really wanting a mech and want stainless get hold of a second hand Panzer - pretty indestructible and around that price.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough