Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Oldhead
  • 1 Post By yatesy88
  • 1 Post By sith.neko

Thread: Kfun V4 Mmmmmmmmm not sure.

AVF Regular

Kfun V4 Mmmmmmmmm not sure.

Recieved today,and took for road test straight away.Ultrasonic cleaned and away.
    Not 100% sure as yet, gee the bloody thing is complex compared to original and later V2 &light versions.
    Cant really say there is a flavor diff ,tried same juice same ohms same wattage with 3 diff kayfuns.
    Takes a while to get used to dissassembly and juice control and have burnt two sets of wicking trying it.
    Plus . easy to top fill . twin coils ,extra screws ,insulators, 510pin,glass tank,clouds well, juice can be turned totally off for transit.Good instruction book.

Minus. Too many parts, too many threads to screw up,Juice control can be difficult to turn on/off and set.

Bottom line ,i can rebuild and wick perfectly all my other kfuns in half the time and all work consistently well.KISS principle .
    Hope this helps.
    CCVaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    Depending on your KF3.1 / KFL set ups, the KF4 can really shine with a lower ohm, larger surface area, larger diameter coil. I have 28g 1.4 ohm 8 wraps 2.4mm in my earlier KF's and 26g 1.2ohm 9 wraps 3mm in my KF4. Remember that is has a wider airflow, and even set at the same airflow volume as a KF3.1 and especially a KFL, will have a different airflow velocity.

You'll get the KF4 build down to the same time as your other KF's easily. It just seems a different learning curve. It took me about 4 different coil builds and many more re wicks to get it to the point where I liked it. I haven't even attempted a sub ohm or dual coil build.

AVF Regular
    I got mine last week and had a tonne of kayfuns, and this one I honestly don't like. Either it's flooding or giving dry hits on numerous builds.
    Oldhead likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I have been having good results with 7-8 wraps of 28 GA nickel on 24 mm center with the DNA 40. Running it at 430 - 450 F with 24 - 26 watts. Have never once flooded or had dry hits. The juice control is quite easy to use for me and love the ability to fill from top or rebuild without emptying the tank. The complexity issue I think just takes time to adjust to.

With single cool kanthal flavour is not the best, but I have yet to try the dual coil, which may yield interesting results.
    Oldhead likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoself View Post
    Depending on your KF3.1 / KFL set ups, the KF4 can really shine with a lower ohm, larger surface area, larger diameter coil. I have 28g 1.4 ohm 8 wraps 2.4mm in my earlier KF's and 26g 1.2ohm 9 wraps 3mm in my KF4. Remember that is has a wider airflow, and even set at the same airflow volume as a KF3.1 and especially a KFL, will have a different airflow velocity.

You'll get the KF4 build down to the same time as your other KF's easily. It just seems a different learning curve. It took me about 4 different coil builds and many more re wicks to get it to the point where I liked it. I haven't even attempted a sub ohm or dual coil build.
    Many thanks for input, i didnt think to up the coil dia & im not sub ohm-ing .