Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: they are breeding... (essay inside)

AVF Regular

Wink they are breeding... (essay inside)

No, I don't mean the mice that have come inside to get out of the monsoonal rains, mosquitoes and insane humidity outside. I mean my hardware.

It all started about 6 months ago GreenSmoke. I'd heard about this e-cig stuff but never actually seen one. The hippies in Bingil have only discovered television recently, ecigs are waaay off the radar. I spent a mob of cash and got a pile of cartos and some longer batteries. Well I was stoked. Reduced my smoking by more than 1/2 at a fraction of the cost. Then suddenly when I went to reorder, GreenSmoke no longer exports to Australia. My small world crumbled, the stinkies came back into my life and I started planning different ways to get these prohibited GreenSmoke things into the country. I spent HOURS reading these paid reviews about one cig-a-like over another and almost laid out a big pile of cash on another big tobacco cig-a-like company, V2. I had hundreds of dollars in my cart and my name filled out and all, but just couldn't hit that buy button. Something felt wrong. The search continued. (I still have those GreenSmoke batteries if anyone wants em...)

Then by chance I stumbled on AussieVapers

The lingo and the forum was just alien to me, but at least I figured out that you could re-fill your vaporiser and not have to buy pre-filled. After a slight haphazard vendor search I bought a "starter kit". I bought a "pro" type kit kit with a couple of VVbatteries and some nice shiny clearos, only the best for me. Mt Baker shot me out a half dozen bottles of juice and I was over the moon. The stinkies stopped, just left my life completely. Geez, that stuff was the best. I must have showed it to everyone I knew and called all the distant rellies to let them know how good it was and how great I felt, also how much money I thought I was saving. So I'm down the local cafe waving around my high tech gizmo at the hippies looking all mod and stuff, when this yankee tourist spots it. He makes a huge song and dance about PG/VG ratios and what they do, attys, RBA's, drippers, mech mods, etc, etc... At the time I just thought he was an idiot. A very loud and outspoken one at that, not adhering to the hippy social norms in our quiet little village. He says he'll be back and rocks up with a shltload of 3rd gen clones. I kinda tried them but wasn't really sure, couldn't figure out how to fire them properly and kept sticking my fingers over the air intakes. My starter kit was better in my opinion.

Fast forward a few months... The Gruffys have a iStick co-op. Well now I'm starting to realise there could be more to this thing than my "pro" starter kit, and maybe I'm not so pro. My batteries rarely last a day, if that, and I'd been caught out several times and had resorted to buying smokes. I could only smoke one or two before I felt sick and something had to be done about this situation. I read how bloody flash these iSticks are, how you can charge them via USB, long battery life, etc. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

This was the beginning of the breeding program, chez Northerner.

So one or two of these iSticks isn't going to be enough, I know that because the "pro" batteries weren't enough and I had 2 of them. So I bought 6 iSticks But obviously my "pro" clearos aren't going to work right so I bought a couple of Nautilus Mini's. But what if I get bored of that? Better get some Kanger Aerotanks too. I can see all these other flash huge clearos and attys on the site where I purchased these goodies, but I'm not going there right? Right...

I love science right, I mean I freaking love science. I am an IT professional, an avid mycologist and a music producer. Anything that is technical really wets my whistle. But I really didn't think there was a place in my life for all these bits and bobs. I don't want to be screwing around with coils and wicks and multimeters and batteries and chargers and, and, and... I'm already spread thinly in my diverse interests, I don't want another hobby, I don't have time for it, I say. Already the steady stream of parcels has begun and the eye-rolling from the missus would make a fish dizzy. She's happy though, I'm not smoking and that's what counts.

I'm content with the iSticks and Nauts, but then MrTea has an Atlantis co-op. Well I can't miss out on a bargain like that, that'd be crazy. I'd better get one of those too and a subohm battery to go with... I'll also need a mob of coils for my Aspire gear, hmmm, and some spare tanks too. Then I hear about the Kanger Subtank, Wow! I can fit all that juice in there, and rebuild it if I want. Awesome! Let's get one of those too. Seeing as I can rebuild the Subtank maybe I could get some authentic attys? After watching for just a little while I spot a Genesis, Kayfun Lite+ and Magma come up at a bargain price in the classies. Mrs says "No, you're spending too much on this", most helpful members here tell me it is the "bargain of the decade". Half an hour later she capitulates and I'm the new proud owner of 3 authentic attys that I have absolutely no idea what to do with. So a really great member here (Gresh11) takes me under his wing. "You need A B C D E and F to get going and I'll send most of it to you for nothing", he says. "And also I'll send you all this other stuff because I want to". Well that's pretty much how it went. AussieVapers community is great like this.

So now the parcels are rolling in and Aus-post tracking is getting more hits from my IP address daily than it has in all history. But what am I going to fire the atties on? They won't look great on the Aspire battery. I better get myself a nice little box mod. Smok XPro M50 should do the job. Yup, and I'd better find some authentic mech mods for my attys too, and what about some drip tips? Yeah, drip tips are great. I'll get 10 of them.

Meanwhile I'm busting out amazing DIY flavours from my man cave and developing recipes that would make artisans weep in inadequacy.

The single box of gear is now 3 boxes. This once "alternative to smoking" has now become a huge part of my life that appears to be spiralling out of control. I'd seen people buying stuff from the classies at 3 in the morning and wondered what the hell they were doing on here then. Now I know. They were trying to get in first before the morning crowd. Probably got up to go to the toilet but just couldn't resist having a squizz. Always miss out when they come on late in the morning, see... You can't run a successful breeding program without the right stock.

I'm sure this rings many bells for other vapers... especially the ones who "weren't going to get into it"

Northerner
    Last edited by Northerner; 10-01-15 at 11:44 AM.

AVF Regular
    LOL yep.
    Don't worry it'll settle down in another 18 months or so
    gtadmin, Fatman, Cath Mort and 2 others like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    LOL yep.
    Or not LOL
    gtadmin, Fatman, Cath Mort and 1 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    LOL yep.
    It does
    Crisscross, Fatman and akef38 like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    LOL well, for some, then
    gtadmin and Crisscross like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Shhhh.... Don't mention Drip Tips to Northerner
    Fatman and Northerner like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    At the rate they're making new stuff, it'll never settle down. Awesome story man, I can totally relate to it
    Crisscross, Fatman and Northerner like this.

AVF Regular
    Sounds ,reads,looks,very familiar,Shit it is!!!!!!! Debugging the house now!!!!
    Crisscross and Northerner like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    Shhhh.... Don't mention Drip Tips to Northerner
    Drip tips....... Where, what did I miss, must have more driptips (duplicates in case you break one you really like), ooooooo packs of 5

Fatman, Altered1 and Northerner like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Haha, I thought I had a live one! Enjoy the ride mate!!!
    Big Ev, Cath Mort and Northerner like this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast