Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: DNA 40 overfires

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

DNA 40 overfires

I just got an XPV DNA 40 which has the latest chip, displaying temperature in degrees C or F, and while I was playing it, thought I'd see what it was like with temp limiting turned off. Went from 220C up to off, had it set at 12.5w and pressed the fire button, it went up to 39.9w and burnt the coil, aerotank tsc. First I thought there was something wrong with my device, but after a bit of thought tried resetting it by going from 450F up to the off setting. This time it fired at my set wattage. I've tried it a few times with a dripper I set up with a 0.17 coil and it always goes up to 39.9w if I go from a C temp to off, but fires fine if I go from a F temp to off. I contacted evolv about this but haven't heard back from them, I think they must be on holidays.
    edski2 and disley like this.

AVF Regular
    Good info tooter..........thanks for posting

...deleted
    Last edited by oneANT; 02-03-16 at 12:07 AM. Reason: added evolv message

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by oneANT View Post
    Because of the Celsius DNA40 Co-Op I though I should try mine.
    A VaporShark that is likely the same chip as yours. (arrived 08/01).
    I Use it on F(450) so I went to off. Then sat it to cool with atomizer (squape[R]) off.

Set it to 230C all working fine.
    Went to OFF and alternating Temp Protected/Check Atomizer and no vape.
    Battery shows empty (was just charged)
    Back to Temp Control and 230C and all fine again

(repeat) Back to OFF and the fault is back just as it was before.

Though I'd try the same in F
    set at 450F all fine
    set it to OFF
    all fine

back to 230C and all fine
    to OFF
    and the fault repeats, alternating Temp Protected/Check Atomizer.

Because it works no problems in F but not in C ...could be a QC problem in the code because being Yanks they didn't test the C.

I hope I helped and didn't add any confusion. I dont use C but of course if I ever sell it the next Aussie might ...so I 'll watch it before the warranty expires but I think the Co-Op should be warned.
    Thanks for that!

...deleted
    Last edited by oneANT; 02-03-16 at 12:06 AM.

AVF Regular
    I posted this on ECF earlier today in the rDNA thread as oats the only place I've seen people receive Celsius boards........

Anyone with a Celcius board can do a test for me?

I'm in Australia and there have been reports of a fault when coming out of temp mode from celcius.

1. Switch to Celcius mode
    2. Adjust up to max temp + 1 to switch to kanthal mode
    3. I have had reports of either not firing at all or firing at max wattage even if wattage is set low

Can anyone confirm and please be careful not to burn your wick.................................
    I got this feedback..........

Quote Originally Posted by greaterthangravity View Post
    Whoa! I tried it just now. Set to celcius then off with wattage set at 5 and it seemed to fire a lot stronger and burnt my wick...

I set it back to fahrenheit then off and also at 5 watts and it hit very very low barely any vape just as it should at that low watt...

Tried it again by going celcius and off at 5 watts and it really fired so much stronger even though it was displaying 5 watts...

I guess thats one confirmation for you... My wick is completely burnt and im gonna rewick now...
    tooter56 likes this.

...deleted
    Last edited by oneANT; 02-03-16 at 12:06 AM.

Hi all
    Thanks for replying, before I say anything else I must stress the temp protection function is brilliant, and the way forward.
    I've found that I don't even have to fire it to see if it's going to overfire, and when I turn off temp protected from any C setting the display shows - - - C, before I fire, and then shows temp when I fire, if I turn off temp protection from an F setting it shows 0.00V until fired, and then volts.
    One more thing, just got a Subtank, the 25mm atty from Kanger, and this matches the XPV really well. I've yet to use the rebuildable head, although the last hit, at 25W with the 0.5 ohm coil was a little burnt tasting, about 1.5 tanks into using it, so I'll try a nickle build soon.
    No it doesn't matter, but if you dislike the Yanks having to be different from the rest of the world, as I do, and run on C temps, as I do, it's something you should be aware of.
    I still haven't heard from evolv, but think it's something that only applies to the batch of chips mine came from, and have no doubt they will fix it soon.

I just got confirmation from Protovapor, there is a bug in the firmware, nothing to worry about, just go from F setting if you want to turn off temp limiting.
    oneANT likes this.

...deleted
    Last edited by oneANT; 02-03-16 at 12:22 AM.
    tooter56 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast