Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Battery lifespan of isticks, i.e. total life expectancy ?

AVF Regular

Battery lifespan of isticks, i.e. total life expectancy ?

As per the title, does anyone know what the life expectancy of the inbuilt batteries in the isticks are? Both the 20 watt and 30watt isticks have an inbuilt non replaceable 2200mah Li-ion battery. Some googling about batteries leads me to believe that a 2200mah Li-Ion battery can be recharged somewhere around 200 to 300 times? Does this sound correct?

So if I charge my isticks up every day, which is what I've been doing, then they're not going to last me even a full year before they'll be useless. Have I got this right or am I missing something?

If that is right, and while they are a great little device and I love the ones I've got, I was thinking about getting a couple of the 30 watt and 50 watt models when they're available. BUT, from an economic financial point of view I'm now wondering if I might be better off buying one of the mini/smaller type box mods coming out that you can replace the 18650 battery in like the seigeli 50 watt and the cloupor mini 30 watt just to mention only two of the latest ones out.

Anyone else thinking along these lines, or have I got it wrong with the expected lifespan of these types of inbuilt batteries?

AVF Regular
    I still have mvp's in rotation that are over a year old and spinner batteries coming up for 2.

I would doubt the life expectancy will be less than the boredom moved on time.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    The 200 to 300 charge cycles you are quoting are for 'fully charged to fully depleted' cycles. If you are recharging after they are only partially depleted, you could expect many, many more charge cycles. But will the rest of the iStick last?
    Fatman, Altered1 and Nicaholic like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    The 200 to 300 charge cycles you are quoting are for 'fully charged to fully depleted' cycles. If you are recharging after they are only partially depleted, you could expect many, many more charge cycles. But will the rest of the iStick last?
    Based on the rate my threads seem to be going no where near a year :P
    gtadmin, Crisscross and leec like this.

AVF Regular
    Im pretty sure the battery can be replaced with a solder tab. These look nice
    2X Solder Tabbed Panasonic NCR 18650 B 3400mAh Lithium LI ION NCR18650B Battery | eBay
    gtadmin and Fatman like this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nanokatz View Post
    Based on the rate my threads seem to be going no where near a year :P
    That's the point, really they are a throw away device (or if you're keen, repurpose the board) same as an eGo battery.
    Fatman and Davi like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    From a financial point of view, they cost less than two or three packs of fags so I guess it depends on how much you like them. I do love the shape and performance so it's well worth it for me.

In saying that, I've had ego style batteries that last two months and others that kept going strong for more than a year of daily charging.

Luck of the draw sometimes.
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    The cloupor mini has a replaceable 18650 and isnt much bigger or more expensive.
    steve.c, sc_rufctr and Nicaholic like this.

AVF Regular
    Personally I'll be pretty satisfied if my istick lasts me a year. If it holds up that long it'll have only cost me about 15 cents per day for the unit.
    Last edited by davidbloop; 10-01-15 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Typo

AVF Regular
    Stuff that if I buy a mod I want it to last forever. Thats whats good about mechs.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbloop View Post
    Personally I'll be pretty satisfied if my I stuck lasts me a year. If it holds up that long it'll have only cost me about 15 cents per day for the unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast