Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By CMB
  • 1 Post By Gigantor
  • 1 Post By DEATHGUYJ

Thread: Squonker/Dripper Questions

Squonker/Dripper Questions

Hey all,

I'm on the list for one of DEATHGUYJ's squonkers and had some questions regarding that and dripping.

I've read about lowering nic levels for dripping. Is this only required when you drop your build into the lower ohm regions? Ie the lower ohm builds produce more clouds delivering more nic? If I stay around the same level (1.1 - 1.2 Ohms) I've been using in my RTAs will I be ok to stay on the same nic level? What are the advantages of sub-ohming?

The battery options for the box are series or parallel. Batteries in series will put a higher voltage across the coil leading to higher wattage vapes for higher resistances. Parrallel will be normal sinvle battery voltage but the battery life will be greater. Am I missing anything here?

Can anyone recommend some bottom fed RDAs for use with the squonk box? Either ready to go or easily modified. I would like to get something decent without breakibg the bank.

Thanks guys

About the nicotine concentration: it's a matter of the amount of vapour produced.
    Going sub-ohm will tend to increase the power, surface of the coil, heat flux and that requires more airflow if you don't want to reach combustion.

If you're used to take little drags on a Nautilus at let's say 12mg/mL, you're going to get a massive nicotine rush if you go straight to lungs on a RDA/RTA and blow a big cloud at the same concentration.

That's what I thought. So I'll build arpund the same level I'm at now and I'll be fine.

Has anyone got any answers to the other questions?

CMB
    AVF Regular
    All depends how you vape mate.

For me I'd go battery life over power. For squonkers I prefer small chambered atties, around a 1mm air hole and about 15W. one of the best things about this mod would be that you could have enough battery life and juice on board to last you a couple of days at least.

If you like big flavourless cheese grater atties with the octonanotinmandipshit coils and like to blow da sik as tits clouds, then go for power.

Same goes with atties, depends on what you like.
    gtadmin, Fatman, BrianS and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    All depends how you vape mate.

For me I'd go battery life over power. For squonkers I prefer small chambered atties, around a 1mm air hole and about 15W. one of the best things about this mod would be that you could have enough battery life and juice on board to last you a couple of days at least.
    Thanks for the reply! The fact that I could go a couple of days without worrying about batteries or juice is definitely a plus so I'm thinking I'll go with parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    If you like big flavourless cheese grater atties with the octonanotinmandipshit coils and like to blow da sik as tits clouds, then go for power.
    Hahahaha that's definitely not me. Could you recommend some smaller chambered atties for me to check out? Either ready to go for bottom feeding or easily modified.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Bang for buck I'm a big fan of the IGO-S but I don't think they make them any more.

I believe Vicious Ant did a run late last year of the bottom fed version of their cyclone atty, which is pretty good.

Modifying a non bottom fed atty isn't very hard either, I just press out the centre pin then cut a slit up the side of it with a Dremel to allow the juice to get through.

The bloke at Reos mods also has some already modified http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?op...2&Itemid=3

They are basically clones that he has modified and called something else. Might help for some ideas but I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a $6 atty that someone has drilled.

Thanks again. I've got a couple of clone drippers coming so I can try pulling them apart and modifying them before destroying authentics!

Looks like I've now got the excuse I've been looking for to pick up a dremel!
    Last edited by Gigantor; 12-01-15 at 12:25 AM.
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    get your self a little desk vice it will make things easier
    CMB likes this.

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware