Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By <---cop
  • 1 Post By spookyluke
  • 1 Post By coal miner
  • 2 Post By Duke916

Thread: New vapers wanting advanced equipment.

AVF Regular

New vapers wanting advanced equipment.

I have two friends who are wanting to vape. I have set one of them up with my MVP 2.0 and a Kanger Aerotank Mega. He loves it but sees me with my mechs, RDA, RTA and my VV/VW devices. He now wants a Kato or squonk box. After a month he thinks he knows everything.

No amount of attempts to educate him on the difference in the necessary atties and the additional cost of batteries + a decent charger seem to have deterred him in the slightest. I've never owned a squonker and have no practical knowledge of them so I can't really help him out with the best gear to buy. I am against him blowing his face off but can't stop him trying. Any tips on a newbie friendly squonker would be appreciated. Something work a built in battery or VV/VW ability would probably be the best idea for him.
    I don't blow clouds. I might if they bought me dinner and made me feel appreciated every now and then...

I can suggest something similar to what I have just ordered, being in a similar boat to your two friends

For power supply, a V/W box mod up to around 30W - 50W should be perfect. Something that has over/under charge protection, in-place USB charging, etc.
    I ended up with a DOVPO E-LVT 2.0 30W, but the IPV Mini 30W is also worth a look, and Cloupor do some cool 30W / 50W devices. All should fire down to at least 0.5Ohm, with some going lower.

For an intro to RDA / RTA I have chosen the new Kanger Subtank -- either pre-built 0.5 / 1.2 Ohm coils or an RDA instead. Once you see it, it will make more sense
    I was sold on the ability to try to make coils, and if all else failed, I could just go back to pre-builts, with the same tank.

I setup a noob with a Hellfire dripper on a Mikro Defender and some guidance and he is fine.
    Uses it like a cigarette.

How to setup a noob vaper - Elitist/Wanker style
    Nakor and Burdy like this.

AVF Regular
    I wondered how long that ^^^ would take.

AVF Regular
    The main concern for one of them is that he works at a sawmill and wants to protect his attie with a Kato style mod. The squonk box appalled to him because the juice is really available. I might try and convince him that a Kanger with a SS section instead of glass on a VV/VW mod like the i-Stick 30W.
    I don't blow clouds. I might if they bought me dinner and made me feel appreciated every now and then...

I set my dad up with a evic and protank. That was ok but had issues. Then I lent him my back up mech with kfl+ clone. told him about the safety and taught him how to re wick the microcoil. He never picked up the evic again. The set up has had less issues and the coil requires less replacement than pre built coils.
    The safety issues of building coils and using mechs are pretty easy to learn.
    The problem with trying to set people up is that they don't take the initiative to find out for themselves and we displace the responsibility of their safety onto ourselves. The best thing you can do is direct them to the forum and then leave it up to themselves. If they invest the time and interest to do the research amd gain the knowledge they will be better off. They will learn from their own mistakes. No one helped me, except the people who have shared their knowledge on forums.
    Daemolitia likes this.

AVF Regular
    I really wish some one had pointed me at a good reliable mech and a dripper back when I first started instead of an ego batt and a vivi nova.
    Stewey likes this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    The eGrip seems to be ok. 20W with the option to move up to rebuilding or stick with factory coils. They're also quite affordable. Thanks for the help and opinions all. My nerves aren't going to bother me as much any more. I don't want to do vaping an injustice by letting someone hurt themselves or buy equipment that just isn't suited to their needs. Maybe I'm just thinking too deeply about the issue. Thanks again folks. Your input has been invaluable (as usual ☺)

AVF Regular
    I think the main thing here is that you are the one who knows your mate best.
    So is your mate a **** head who is incapable of learning a couple of basic things about batteries?
    Yes = steer him/her into an ego and a vivi nova
    no = teach him/her what you know about battery safety and help them choose something they will be happy with rather then waste their time and money with something they wont be happy with and maybe frustrate them to the point that they will throw their hands in the air and return to cigarettes.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    Shocking taste in drip tips mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    I setup a noob with a Hellfire dripper on a Mikro Defender and some guidance and he is fine.
    Uses it like a cigarette.

How to setup a noob vaper - Elitist/Wanker style
    <---cop and Stewey like this.