Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Midlife
  • 1 Post By Midlife

Thread: Kicked Microstick

AVF Regular

Kicked Microstick

I finally got a kick into my Microstick tonight. It is basically done the way a few other have been done but I haven't modified the kick. I will ether leave it how it is with a "O" ring spacer under the switch or make a spacer for it.
    The other option is to use a different switch. I have tried a Gus and a Pap's and both would need battery spacers as the are a lot shorter than the Microstick one.

The mod is quite simple
    Remove some of the coating in the 18500 extension so the kick can earth
    Drill a small shallow hole in the extension to take a piece of bronze welding rod ( tig) I drilled so the pin would contact the back of the 510 retainer
    Cut welding rod to the right length so when the pieces are put together the pin contacts with some pressure
    Reassemble in the 18500 mode with the kick in place and the find suitable "O" ring to space the switch up approximately 2mm.

Job done

Cheers
    Midlife

AVF Regular
    A vv Microstick? Nice one. Ive always liked the compact design of the microstick nice bit of modding Midlife

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    A vv Microstick? Nice one. Ive always liked the compact design of the microstick nice bit of modding Midlife
    Thanks Steve. I grabbed it for work as in 18350 mode it is very pocket friendly and easy to stealth vape. I am using a vw kick and it is still nice and small in 18500 mode. I have been using cato's just about exclusively for around 6 months now and they are at their best with a regulated device. I try and use my tanks with vw kicks in all of my mech's.

That said I have a Spheroid v2 on its way so I will see how that goes without the kick in 18350 mode.

I should have posted more pic's last night but I had just put it back together and didn't want to pull it apart again. Today is a new day and so I have posted some more pic's below.

Cheers
    Midlife
    gtadmin likes this.