Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Advisce from reonaughts please. Re RDa's.

AVF Regular

Advisce from reonaughts please. Re RDa's.

I have found it hard to sort through info on the web quickly, and hope that some Reo users will offer advice. I have a used Reg Grand on the way. I know it takes cartos, atomisers and some smaller RDA's ( or RBA's?? The terms get mixed up a bit it seems)
    So which RDA's are recommended.
    Do they have to be small enough to fit into the " spill cup" bit ? That's what i seems like from searches and the Reo site.
    Do I have to have an O-ring under the RDA?
    Will they leak from underneath if there is no o- ring?
    Will the carto's/ atomisers/ hybrids from my VMOD work in the Reo in the mean time?
    I am wiling to try driling/ moding the center post on a dripper or 2 I have here, but from reading that is only suitable for the REO low profile, is that right?

Will VTC5 batteries be ok, as they recommend other batteries on the Reo site, which I think are lower voltage? Maybe the VTC5's will get the mod too hot? This mod has the " sub-ohm " upgrade.
    Thanks in advance for your experience and expertise. I want to order an RDA asap if I need to, so the time you may save me in decision is really appreciated.

J-D
    Hey mate
    Try and get a cyclone by vicious ant
    From my understanding of the question yea it needs to fit that.
    You shouldnt need an oring if your atty's screwed down. The threads (being screwed in) make sure the juice is going into the atomiser.
    Do you mean underneath the atty or underneath the 510 in the reo? Either way any spillage is negligible as there is next to none.
    You can use the reo without actually bottom feeding, not sure why you would want to with the voltage drop though
    You can modify any atty that would fit in your reo. Not having the low profile just restricts you to what you can modify. 16 mm attys if im not mistaken?

VTC5's are good mate, nothing wrong with using them i do.

Spewin you didnt ask this last year i would have recommended you sign up for the next run of the chalice III RDA. That woulda been special for your reo
    CMB likes this.
    We do not hate as long as we still attach a lesser value, but only when we attach an equal or a greater value.

AVF Regular
    Yay it arrived, the vapage Vmod cartos work but leak a little to the " catch cup". I wonder if my pre punched boge will be any better? The holes are higher up on them.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    The Cyclone is a good one, you can get them here Vicious Ant Cyclone Bottom Feed Atomizer [CYCLONEBF] - 37.99 : E-Cigz London, Discount Electronic Cigarette & cheap E-liquid suppliers, Atomizers, Cartomizers, Batteries, GGTS, Ecigs E-Cigs E Cigs E Cigz

For modding other atties they need to be 15mm or under, 16mm is too big. Either drill out the centre post or remove the positive pin and just cut a slit up the side of the post with a dremel.

Biggest issues I have had with some of the cheaper atties is the negative pin falling out on them, if you can still get an IGO-S from anywhere, pick up one of them and modify it, as good as the cyclone, maybe even a little better.
    Hidden1 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    The Cyclone is a good one, you can get them here Vicious Ant Cyclone Bottom Feed Atomizer [CYCLONEBF] - 37.99 : E-Cigz London, Discount Electronic Cigarette & cheap E-liquid suppliers, Atomizers, Cartomizers, Batteries, GGTS, Ecigs E-Cigs E Cigs E Cigz

For modding other atties they need to be 15mm or under, 16mm is too big. Either drill out the centre post or remove the positive pin and just cut a slit up the side of the post with a dremel.

Biggest issues I have had with some of the cheaper atties is the negative pin falling out on them, if you can still get an IGO-S from anywhere, pick up one of them and modify it, as good as the cyclone, maybe even a little better.
    Excellent thanks.( edit- link failed sorry). Do you think the ones on the reo site are OK value?
    I was keen to try modding with my little drill press too so will definstelt keep an eye out for an Igo-s.

I saw a few on fasttech that people said were good to bottom feed, any of those OK?
    Last edited by LimeB; 12-01-15 at 07:46 PM.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeB View Post
    Excellent thanks. Do you think the ones on the reo site are OK value?
    I was keen to try modding with my little drill press too so will definstelt keep an eye out for an Igo-s.

I saw a few on fasttech that people said were good to bottom feed, any of those OK?
    I had a Reomizer V1 a while back, but the base was chrome plated brass , it all flaked off and the screws rusted. Basically all of those atties there are just China specials that he has drilled out for bottom feeding, worth it if you can't be stuffed trying to modify your own, but still the Cyclone would be better value in the long run.

I tried 4 different atties from Fasttech and all of them had the negative post fall out before I could even build them, including the Smok one which was meant to be half decent, so it will be a bit of a gamble.

Some US shops might still gave some IGO-S available, a quick google led me here https://highdesertvapes.com/products...-Atomizer.html
    LimeB likes this.

AVF Regular
    I would get the rm2 rda from reo mods I had that and the cyclone and found the rm2 was a lot easier to build on the post on the cyclone are to close together which makes it harder to build on. Should put up a wanted to buy for a reo rda someone should have a spare laying around good luck
    LimeB likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I had a Reomizer V1 a while back, but the base was chrome plated brass , it all flaked off and the screws rusted. Basically all of those atties there are just China specials that he has drilled out for bottom feeding, worth it if you can't be stuffed trying to modify your own, but still the Cyclone would be better value in the long run.

I tried 4 different atties from Fasttech and all of them had the negative post fall out before I could even build them, including the Smok one which was meant to be half decent, so it will be a bit of a gamble.

Some US shops might still gave some IGO-S available, a quick google led me here https://highdesertvapes.com/products...-Atomizer.html
    I did find that Hgh desert vapes one. but they won't ship here. Also found a you tube stating the center post of the IGO-s is plated brass, so when drilled may be a bad idea, but I supposed that the reo site ones may be just the same.

AVF Regular

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeB View Post
    I did find that Hgh desert vapes one. but they won't ship here. Also found a you tube stating the center post of the IGO-s is plated brass, so when drilled may be a bad idea, but I supposed that the reo site ones may be just the same.
    The older ones were plated brass, the newer ones, SS (or the chinese equivalent). If you are worried about that sort of stuff then pony up and go for the Cyclone.

I just slotted an IGO-S today for a new Reo I just got.

You're actually better off slotting the centre post on the Igo's if you aren't going to drill another feed hole on the positive post near the base of the deck. If you do it by just drilling the centre hole and then using the top screws to trap the wire and have the old wire hole as the feed hole, the leads to the coil become too long as the air hole on them is very low.

As for that other atty I have no idea sorry, as I have never tried it.

I tried these and they are easy to convert but the negative posts fell out of them before I could even use them $2.83 RDA Mini Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (1.0mL) - 2.4 you may have better luck.
    LimeB likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast