Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: what do i do about fake AW batteries? Help?!?

AVF Regular

Thumbs up what do i do about fake AW batteries? Help?!?

Hi all

i bought some AW batteries from a vendor in the US. I thought they were genuine but at a really good price.
    18650 Battery
    Obviously the great price should have sounded warning bells. I got my package today, but something i read on here recently made me check to see if they are real or not. 20150113_235045.jpg

long story short, from looking at the AW website they are fakes ... what do i do with them? should i say something to the vendor? they already don't like me cause they don't ship to Aus and i used mail forwarding service. I got am email from them cancelling my order and was advised any future orders by me would not be welcome. a few emails back and forth and i just said ok whatever just credit my card back, thanks and good bye. next day i get an email saying my order was processed and had been sent???? ok i say nothing and wait and see.

So here we are, i get my package and there was a small juice leak, the batteries are in small separate boxes. they have the small AW black sticker, not the hologram that the ones i bought from EV Cigarettes have.AW_IMR_18650_Battery_Evcigarettes.png i couldn't get the writing to show up clearly but it matches exactly whats on the authentic AW.

do i throw them out, or do i risk it? basically any advise welcome. I am not very knowledgeable about batteries beyond some basic reading about safety on here and other ecig sites.

thanks
    Gremlin
    Last edited by Gremlin; 14-01-15 at 03:36 AM.
    Petition to Legalise Nicotine Sales in Australia:- https://www.change.org/p/australian-...es-for-eliquid

WA has banned vaping equipment being sold, please give your support to help fight this decision.

Donate here: http://www.gofundme.com/Ecigs-Our-Right-to-Choose

Petition here: https://www.change.org/p/wa-health-m...e-legalise-pvs

AVF Regular
    I don't have that much experience myself but I would say if you have to send them back in order to get a refund, it will probably
    cost more than the batteries cost in the first place. I guess you could try and contact them just to see what they say. You have
    nothing to lose....they obviously aren't going to sell to you again and I don't think you would want to shop there again anyway.

I would make a habit of reading reviews in future. Someone there already mentioned they were clones. The reviews seem OK. I
    personally would use them for a little while, but just be very careful. Maybe you could use them for something else if you have
    other devices that take those batteries.
    Last edited by Tara; 14-01-15 at 05:36 AM.
    Gremlin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Don't use fake batteries.

Batteries and chargers are the most important thing not to skimp on.

Dispose of them or send them back to the vendor if they will give you a refund.

I would tell the vendor that they are fake and point out why. Specific markings ect.
    mrsgruffy and Gremlin like this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    There are plenty of good Aussie vendors that sell aw batteries and buy them directly from Andrew Wan.
    You may pay a couple of extra bucks, but worth it.
    Gremlin likes this.

AVF Regular

what do i do about fake AW batteries? Help?!?

There aw imr batteries now have the hologram logo as the black label ones were getting clones and this is to help fight that and spot it easier. I have both the old style and the new style.
    This link should help spot the fakes with the old style.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/showthread.php?t=25413
    Last edited by ssstahly; 14-01-15 at 06:23 AM.
    Fatman and Gremlin like this.

Super Moderator
    My advice - dispose of fake batteries and go buy off supersports supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Protected items on eBay Stores!

Usually free postage, brilliant customer service, plus he's a vaper and a member of this forum. I don't buy batteries from anywhere else.

And just an FYI, he's the only vendor on ebay I would trust to buy batteries from.
    Last edited by giruvian; 14-01-15 at 07:48 AM.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    thanks for all the good advise will send an email to the vendors and see what happens from there. I dont expect my money back but i would be happy if they put in the description that they are fake AW and not genuine.

thanks again
    Gremlin
    ssstahly likes this.
    Petition to Legalise Nicotine Sales in Australia:- https://www.change.org/p/australian-...es-for-eliquid

WA has banned vaping equipment being sold, please give your support to help fight this decision.

Donate here: http://www.gofundme.com/Ecigs-Our-Right-to-Choose

Petition here: https://www.change.org/p/wa-health-m...e-legalise-pvs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    My advice - dispose of fake batteries and go buy off supersports supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Protected items on eBay Stores!

Usually free postage, brilliant customer service, plus he's a vaper and a member of this forum. I don't buy batteries from anywhere else.

And just an FYI, he's the only vendor on ebay I would trust to buy batteries from.
    I agree with this just bought a aw imr 18650 2200mah from him on ebay in my hands within two days and free delivery!
    giruvian and Gremlin like this.

AVF Regular
    Been using the fake AW 18650's for a while and never had a problem. I suppose its better to get the originals though.
    coal miner, disley and Gremlin like this.

AVF Regular
    How can they have an objection selling to an Australian customer? They don't ship overseas, fine. They ship to a mail forwarder who then ships overseas. How does a business object to that? Am I missing something?

If you can't get a refund from Bootlegvapors, are you able to contact your bank and get your card refunded if you tell them you were sold counterfeit products?
    Gremlin likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast