Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: need recommendations: VW mod

need recommendations: VW mod

Hi all,

So I've been out of the loop for a while, and not that familiar with what's available at the moment.

My first VW mod was a vamo, and I liked the way it operated, but the build quality was shoddy and the thing was pretty ugly. The main problem with it was that the thread wore away really quickly and after only a couple of weeks I was having tanks coming loose and falling out. After a couple of months, I had to literally hold the tanks/carts in by hand while I vaped.

I started using my girlfriend's mod that she doesn't use anymore because she wen't back to analogues. It's a SID. I've been fairly happy with it. It's fairly nice looking compared to the vamo and I've had no problems with the thread. However, I tend to be a bit clumsy and having dropped it one too many times, it no longer functions that well; the button will randomly change settings every second or third time I try to fire. Also, I really don't like the single button design.

So basically, I'm after a VW mod that has three buttons (or some other easy to navigate menu system) and decent build quality. I would be happy to pay a little more ($100+) for something a little better, provided that it's virtually indestructible, but I'd rather pay $40 for an 'okay' one than $100 for a great one that still breaks the second or third time I drop it...and I will drop it. I'm also hoping to buy from an australian retailer to avoid shipping time/cost. Oh, and I want one that takes the 18650 batteries. Any thoughts on what would be a good choice?

Cheers

AVF Regular
    Here:
    Eleaf iStick 20W Box Mod | VapeKing
    From a good Aussie vendor.Its all youll need. Charges with usb, so no need for battery.

AVF Regular
    You could consider a second hand Provari V2.5 at $160, they are very solid.....
    JV321 likes this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Here:
    Eleaf iStick 20W Box Mod | VapeKing
    From a good Aussie vendor.Its all youll need. Charges with usb, so no need for battery.
    Thanks for your reply, but I'm not happy with usb charging. Even if its got passthrough, I vape faster than they charge, which means I'm always running out of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by CCVaper View Post
    You could consider a second hand Provari V2.5 at $160, they are very solid.....
    Thanks. That's a little higher price than I was really considering, but I'll keep it in mind.

Super Moderator
    Unfortunately virtually indestructible is virtually impossible. Maybe look for something you can wear on a lanyard??
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    If your confident about dropping it a lot you shud be looking at a provari...otherwise as Steve said an istick or two. They charge very quick on a ph charger an last over a day. And not being round they dont roll off tables or off yr lap so the drop rate diminishes...but that said n done, If you're full on clumsy nothing will take a constant dropping. Provari wud fair best in that regard
    CCVaper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    Unfortunately virtually indestructible is virtually impossible. Maybe look for something you can wear on a lanyard??
    I'm not overly concerned if it's not too costly. I mean, this one has lasted me quite a while and it cost about the same as two or three packs of ciggies. I can cope with paying that much for a new one every now and then. The only reason I put that comment in is that I didn't want people to recommend a $150 dollar one that isn't rock-solid.

AVF Regular
    I take 2 isticks with me to work everyday and have another as a backup. Neither get drained by the time I get home and just work
    I've dropped my isticks from time to time but not overly fussed as they are cheap enough to replace, I would be more worried about my tanks breaking

At home is a different story as I use my mechs and vaporshark

I think I would cry if I dropped a ProVari >.<

AVF Regular
    Lozza has a 2yr old provari for sale $120.
    Stomp likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    I would recommend an istick 20w, the battery lasts a lot longer than expected easily over a day, if you want something you can put your own 18650 in then the cloupor min looks to be the latest popular device.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast