Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can't decide on box mod, help!

Can't decide on box mod, help!

Hey,

Can't decide as to what to buy to replace my aging Zmax V5 (button issue).
    Looking at box mods to go with the aspire atlantis.

SMOK XPRO M50 50W
    Cloupor Mini 30W
    IPV MINI 30W

I have some VTC5's that I bought on eBay which I wouldn't have a clue if they are genuine or not! Tried looking it up but couldn't find an accurate way of figuring it out.

Any advice?
    Cheers,
    TheBlackMini
    Last edited by TheBlackMini; 14-01-15 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Added VTC version.
    Currently vaping Pink Spot on the Rocks 6mg using a Aspire Nautilus @ 1.8ohm on a Zmax V5 @ 9.0W
    Looking to move to sub-ohm.

AVF Regular
    Cloupor mini looks neat,just ordered one today so can't give you any feed back,at least if the board craps out it's an easy switch with evolv board I guess

AVF Regular
    istick 30W.

AVF Regular
    it's kinda old school, but i'm loving my smok gripper again. i've got my mew nautilus on it and blowing clouds. apart from the fact that it's which ever mode of output really puts out higher than it says, the only problem with it (and it's not really a problem, just a thing), is that it's much happier with flat top instead of nipple top batts because of the hatch design.

Of the IPV mini and the Smok M50, I'd go the IPV mini. I will wait for more reviews this time before deciding on the Cloupor. Probably will go an iStick 50W later on.

The M50 is a sweet little unit with more wattage. But my battery is firmly stuck inside (no longer replaceable) and seems to suffer from voltage drop, it will fire 0.5ohm at 3.5V/30W when it has a full charge. But below 70% it drops to 2.5V and doesn't produce as much vapor. Weird as it is a regulated device :/ Annoying issue I haven't encountered with other box mods. Happens around 64% with a 1.1 ohm coil. Also, I've already had to install the backup firing button it came with. The original one won't stay in. On the plus side, it does charge quickly.

The IPV mini has a slightly annoying menu. There are 5 memory options which is handy, but you have to press the down button first in order to increase the wattage. Replacing the battery is a breeze though and it doesn't have the severely dropping voltage or crappy button mentioned above. It is a bigger unit but it works...just not as sleek a design.

AVF Regular
    if i had the cash id get a gizmo 24mm.

AVF Regular
    I've got a Smok XPro m50, gotta say I'm really impressed. Nice and sturdy feel and hits hard. Much better than my iSticks.
    CCVaper likes this.

Super Moderator
    I bought an ipv mini about a week ago and I'm very happy with it. Not a tiny mod, but still a very reasonable size. Not a bad price either.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

So, I think by the consensus it's between the iStick or the IPV Mini.
    I'm leaning toward the IPV Mini and who knows I might pick up something smaller next time.

How much of a difference does going above 30W make? I've never sub-ohm'd before.

My current setup is:
    Zmax V5 set to 9W with an Aspire Nautilus @ 1.8Ohm vaping Pink Spot's signature flavour at 40PG/60VG.

Would going higher VG be better also? I see lots of people going max VG these days?
    Currently vaping Pink Spot on the Rocks 6mg using a Aspire Nautilus @ 1.8ohm on a Zmax V5 @ 9.0W

Thanks to those who replied above.

Anyone any advice on my last questions?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast