Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Battery paranoia

Battery paranoia

It was six weeks ago that I had my last ciggie, so with the money I've saved I lashed out and bought a Hana Modz V3 DNA 40.

Since it came I haven't had the nerve to put a battery in it as Ive been reading all the posts about combustion and fakes etc.

The two types of batteries that I have got are....

Samsung 25R 20Amp 2500mAh 18650 Battery | VapourEyes and
    Sony VTC4 18650 2100mAh Battery | Vape Street Australia

Maybe some of you guys will know if either of these compatible or dangerous?

If they arent suitable perhaps you could point me in the direction of some that are - preferably from an Aussie vendor.

Many thanks in anticipation.

AVF Regular
    Sony VTC4 18650 2100mAh Battery | Vape Street Australia are an excellent battery, you will not have any issues with an original, the VTC 5 is good too, but harder to get.

I cannot comment on the Samsung, never had one.

You do well being careful with batteries and
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    The Sony VTC4's are 30Amps continuous and the Samsung 25R's are 20Amps continuous, according to the Hana Modz Specifications site the max output current is 16Amps, so either of those batteries will be perfectly safe. I own the Samsung 25R's, but I know both batteries are reputable and recommended so you can use either.

Just make sure you have a good quality charger and dont over charge them, or leave them untended while charging. If you are really paranoid you can get a fireproof bag that you place your charger and batteries in, just incase - you can usually pick them up from a local hobby store.

AVF Regular
    watch youtube video about battery safety. i recommend one from madvapes. explained quite in detail + what to do when your battery is venting (apparently dunk it into water or salt water is the safest reaction when your battery goes extremely hot, vent). and grab yourself unprotected battery. protected battery have more potential to explode when protection fails. chemicals that runs inside unprotected battery have far less potential to burst compared to chemicals in protected.

AVF Regular
    and get a decent charger to go with it. u can find details of each battery chager on the market on ecigforum. sorry i dont hav links

AVF Regular
    samsung inr is lithium nickel hybrid and sony VTC4 is imr, lithium manganese i believe. cant go wrong with imr but inr is also on the safe side with bigger mAh. just dont get icr batteries and you'll be fine. read details on input voltage output voltages/amps on ur charger and keep ohm's law and amp limits in your *mind while vaping. i personally do not like complex electronics that regulate my battery so use mech most of the times
    watch youtube vid and you'd be informed well enough to use batt safely gl!
    Last edited by gusah193; 16-01-15 at 12:15 AM.

AVF Regular
    if your really paranoid you can get one of these.

Turnigy Lipo Bunker - Lipoly Safety Charge Box
    Northerner likes this.

J-D
    hey gusah can i have a source on that battery venting being dunked in water/salt water? wouldnt mind having a look at that.
    My partner just rushed to me with a very hot mod and atty and my first instinct was to throw it in the sink lol! Glad i didnt though as everythings cooled down and working fine
    Lets just say i think she will be double checking if its locked from now on, scared the shit out of her
    gusah193 likes this.
    We do not hate as long as we still attach a lesser value, but only when we attach an equal or a greater value.

AVF Regular
    That's a great bunker thing... I want it now. I just chuck mine on the patio in a Besser block.

Thanks for the advice.

I've got one of these chargers
    Nitecore Sysmax i2 Lithium Battery Charger

...and I've also got a fireproof bag to charge my big quadcopter lipos.
    MrGruffy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast