Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Cloupor Mini Review

AVF Regular

Cool Cloupor Mini Review

Hi guys as the title suggests this is a review on the Cloupor mini. I cant hope to go as indepth as the Busardo review but i thought the members here might like to hear opinions on it first hand from a fellow member. I compared it mainly to the istck 20w mainly because thats all i have that is close in size and i figured most people interested in this size device would be looking at an istick also. I've been using the cloupor for about a week.
    First of all here are the cloupor specs vs the istick:
    Cloupor Mini:
    Output power: 7W-30W Houses single 18650 battery
    Output voltage: 3.6V-7.0VVV/VW Mode
    Vaping time counting ( 15S limited protection )
    Micro-USB charging port (can vape while charging)
    Can build on 0.45-3.0 ohm atomizer
    Adjustable 510 center pin
    Ohms reading calculates to 0.01ohm
    Reverse battery protection
    Left & Right Mode
    Magnet back cover
    Over charge protection

Eleaf istick 20w:
    Adjustable from 2.0W to 20.0W (in .1W increments)
    Variable voltage - can be adjustable from 3.0V to 5.5V (in .1V increments)
    510 threading connection
    Micro-USB charging port
    0.8" OLED screen displays battery condition, resistance, wattage and voltage
    Atomizer short-circuit protection, over 10s protection, low-voltage protection

Size compared to istick and MVP:

The first thing i noticed on recieving the Cloupor was the weight difference. After being a full time istick user you can really feel the difference in build quality. The cloupor has a much more solid feel to it and is more weighty in the hand. The size difference is negligible and fits in the hand really comfortably :

Battery time:
    I timed the battery usage as best i could and came up with these figures:

1130pm 13.01.15 - 6.58pm 15.01.15 = 43.28(fake AW 18650 batts)
    7.12pm 15.01.15 - 4.44pm 17.01.15 = 45.32(samsung 18650 batts)

Keeping in mind that im not a high wattage user and was vaping in the 8-10w range and these times also include not using it overnight etc. So for the guys using high wattages the times will differ. As you all know it has an adjustable 510 connection and an advantage over the istick in that you have the added option of being able to swap batteries rather than depend on using the usb charging option. It has a removable back door with magnets so it makes it easy to remove and replace the door. The buttons have a nice feel to them and the fire button is easy to use.
    Issues:
    The only problems i had with the Cloupor was the slight play i had in the top section of the back door making it overhang slightly:

From what ive heard its hit and miss, some people get it, some dont. I contacted the vendor about it and their sending me a new back door. In the meantime i fixed it with a small bit of tape like this:

Though i think it will be possible to probably bend the door into shape which i havent tried.
    The only other issues are the cloupor startup screen and the delay you get when the screen goes to sleep after 2 mins and you want to vape you will get 1 second delay before it fires. I got around this by just clicking twice and it fires ok but its one of the things you would have to get used to.

Pros;
    Fires down to 0.4 ohms
    30w power
    Small, compact
    Quality build for the price range
    Nice button feel
    Changeable battery

Cons:
    Loose back door (on my unit)
    Delay on fire after sleep mode.
    Startup screen after switching on (i dont need it to tell me its a cloupor mini every time i switch it on)

Cons aside i would recommend this to anyone looking for a quality mini device in a budget range. I got mine here:

https://www.ecigproseller.com/shop/f...mod-pre-order/

Their price was reasonable, i went with the express post option and it got to me in around 8 days. I cant speak for their free shipping option but their communication and customer service has been top notch. They stayed in contact during the whole transaction and have aranged for a replacement door as mentioned above .
    Anyhoo, i hope this review has been helpful and please reply with any corrections or questions (or general comments).
    Cheers!
    CMB, Stomp, Jas and 8 others like this.

fad
    AVF Regular
    One issue with the Cloupor 30w mini is that it won't do stepdown. If you're still vaping at low wattage (7-9 or so) then this will overpower your atomizer and might not be for you.

Great for the new generation of subohm tanks, though.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    One issue with the Cloupor 30w mini is that it won't do stepdown. If you're still vaping at low wattage (7-9 or so) then this will overpower your atomizer and might not be for you.

Hey fad could you explain a little, always learning and I don't quite understand what you mean. I have ordered a mini and a kayfun lite clone which I plan to build around the .8-1.1ohm range will I have issues when using a 2200mah aw imr battery. Cheers :-)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nickj1979 View Post
    Hey fad could you explain a little, always learning and I don't quite understand what you mean. I have ordered a mini and a kayfun lite clone which I plan to build around the .8-1.1ohm range will I have issues when using a 2200mah aw imr battery. Cheers :-)
    Basically the lowest volts that the mini can put out is 3.6 so if you to run a .8 ohm coil on it you can only run at ~16w or higher to achieve that. If you set it lower it will fire at what ever volts the battery has left in it. It's the same way the evolve dna30's handle it.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraf View Post
    Basically the lowest volts that the mini can put out is 3.6 so if you to run a .8 ohm coil on it you can only run at ~16w or higher to achieve that. If you set it lower it will fire at what ever volts the battery has left in it. It's the same way the evolve dna30's handle it.
    Thanks littleraf wouldn't you want to Vape up in the 16w range anyway? Excuse my naievity and apologise Steve for going of topic :-)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post

It vapes great on my 1.8 ohm nautilus and silo. The istick hits harder.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nickj1979 View Post
    Thanks littleraf wouldn't you want to Vape up in the 16w range anyway? Excuse my naievity and apologise Steve for going of topic :-)
    Depends on your personal preference. Some may find the vape a little warm for example i'm using a 1.4ohm coil in my kayfun @ 8.5w on my istick 20w which equates to ~3.4v (i know it actually puts out a little more) so i would need to set the mini higher and theoretically get a warmer vape.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    just ordered one now from HOV. Got a black one, Only 2 left in stock! lucky i checked.

The main thing that made me pull the trigger was that HOV clouper mini batches dont have the problem with the back door and sits nice. My OCD couldnt handle the back door issue lol.

The delay seems not as bad as the old hanna clones e.t.c 0.8secs is nothing.

Nice review steve btw, thanks for that. I'll also be using is with my trusty naut minis at about 13-15W just were i like my juice and power.
    steve.c likes this.
    The Glock 9mm has a historic legacy of reliability, performance, Power and perfection

Vaping has just become apart of life, It will always be there until the very end.
    Official Vanilla custard extremist and connoisseur.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    just ordered one now from HOV. Got a black one, Only 2 left in stock! lucky i checked.

The main thing that made me pull the trigger was that HOV clouper mini batches dont have the problem with the back door and sits nice. My OCD couldnt handle the back door issue lol.

The delay seems not as bad as the old hanna clones e.t.c 0.8secs is nothing.

Nice review steve btw, thanks for that. I'll also be using is with my trusty naut minis at about 13-15W just were i like my juice and power.
    The naught mini will be a good match. Im using the Silo on there and it kicks ass
    Jas likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    They seem to have addressed most of the technical problems with the E'eaf 'slick, but it's not quite as cute.
    A Kanger Sub Ohm Nano will look good on this & the 0.5 Ohm coil will fire.
    nickj1979 likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast