Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By LimeB
  • 2 Post By Hellfish
  • 1 Post By Pipesub

Thread: How to increase airflow on a rose v2 clone?

AVF Regular

How to increase airflow on a rose v2 clone?

Hi. Has anyone tried drilling out the centre air hole in the deck and the delrin disc of a rose v2 clone ? If so, got tips how to do it? I enlarged the hole at the AFC a little but it didn't make much difference on it's own. I wonder if the air hole in the deck should/ can be enlarged too with out wrecking it?
    Pipesub likes this.

AVF Regular
    I drilled mine and now its stuffed. I wouldnt bother. I drilled both the air intake and the deck hole to about 3mm I think from memory. It was a while ago when I did it but I'm pretty sure it gurgled and was just average so into the scrap pile it went. If you can handle the rose how it is just leave it. If you want more airflow best to look at a different tank imo.
    Pipesub and LimeB like this.

AVF Regular
    tried a large throat Drip Tip ?

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Easy fix for this

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    tried a large throat Drip Tip ?
    The tip is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by LimeB View Post
    Hi. Has anyone tried drilling out the centre air hole in the deck and the delrin disc of a rose v2 clone ? If so, got tips how to do it? I enlarged the hole at the AFC a little but it didn't make much difference on it's own. I wonder if the air hole in the deck should/ can be enlarged too with out wrecking it?
    As Helfish found - the deck tolerances are so tight that any drilling will render the unit unfit for use. That is if the clone is a 1:1.
    This is a response from Andy Hobbs of Eden Mods when asked about increasing airflow.

"knock yourself out mate, but believe me when i say that any attempt to drill out the main restrictor (coil body) will result in it being destroyed. There is the hole drilled next to the main air hole that is 0.25mm from breaking through. In addition to that you will lose the spigot inside the deck as that wall thickness is about 0.15mm"
    LimeB likes this.