Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: the kayfun 4 thread

AVF Regular

the kayfun 4 thread

this thread is for posting your builds and to get help with troubleshooting your Kay fun clone or authentics are welcome here

this is my firs build on my tobeco kayfun 4 and has been working fine with no issues so far

simple micro coil 28g on a 2.6mm rod 1.5 ohms cotton pulled through is tight but not too tight put the chimney on then cut the cotton just past the chimney and push down in to the build deck to cover the juice holes not bad works just like any other kayfun except easier to service the build your using and I like the top fill

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

AVF Regular
    I also grabbed one of the tobeco clones and am really happy with the build quality of it. I find however the flavour it is pretty lacking....and has a slightly metallic taste to that I haven't had from anything else. Do you also find that?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nanokatz View Post
    I also grabbed one of the tobeco clones and am really happy with the build quality of it. I find however the flavour it is pretty lacking....and has a slightly metallic taste to that I haven't had from anything else. Do you also find that?
    I even got that feeling with my authentic one. Not very happy with that aspect at all. I sold it 2 weeks later.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    yeah I like the top fill and the fact you can get the build deck without draining but the performance has been pretty lacking; comparing to a lemo to aga-t5 it just fails quite badly.

AVF Regular
    Tried a new build just now. 28g parallel coil 10 wraps total on 3mm for 0.63 ohms. I actually got my maths wrong and was aiming for 1ohm, but decided to try it out anyway. Remarkably it works very well with the standard centre post and the air flow screw. Flavour is similar to the last 26g 1.24ohm build, with obviously a far quicker ramp up time and hotter vape.

Just thought I'd share as whilst it is not what I initially intended, it works very well and shows that the Kayfun 4 is very capable at sub ohm levels. I'm sure that with the S kit it could handle lower ohms again. But seeing as it doesn't really improve flavour, I can't personally see that much benefit except for those who like a hot, moist vape. I don't think I'll keep this build long, as it is a bit hot for me and nothing I can chain vape.

Not sure what I'll try next, as the 26g long ramp up time is beginning to bother me, but I like the flavour from a long 3mm coil. Maybe I'll try 26g 7 wraps for 1ohm, but I won't be expecting much improvement over 1.24ohms. I suppose ramp up will not be noticeably quicker.

I'm beginning to think that a vw device would be more practical for the KF4 as I could wrap a 10wrap 28g 3mm coil for good surface area, but set it to some 16W as for a 5 wrap 28g.

Anyone has any interesting suggestions as to what to try next?
    Last edited by Kaoself; 27-01-15 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Misspelling.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Anyone having problems with juice leaking out of the air holes?
    Also every time you turn off and on the juice flow, the bottom 510 pin plays up.
    Is this just me n my clone?
    Thanks to ECIG, Quit since 2013

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by smok king View Post
    Anyone having problems with juice leaking out of the air holes?
    Also every time you turn off and on the juice flow, the bottom 510 pin plays up.
    Is this just me n my clone?
    Pull it to pieces and tighten everything, the bottom pin should be tight to begin with, then for the leaking side of things 1: after tightening things up the leaking may stop,

or 2: concentrate on your build and the amount of wick, also make sure the juice control is fully open, if not you can get some leakage, particularly with clones
    smok king likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm thinking of grabbing myself a K4 clone to have a go at trying this stuff out, was wondering is 28awg a good place to start (any brand better than the other?) and what do most folks prefer to use for wick? Would stuff FT carries be ok?

AVF Regular
    28g will be the most versatile, though you may want 26g as well depending on what ohm range you will want to use.

Not sure about FT's wire and wick, but I use yukang81 | eBay for wire, and PM Studio for cotton.

There is also a genuine KF4 available here if you're interested. WTS: Kayfun 4 Authentic
    Last edited by Kaoself; 09-02-15 at 12:21 PM.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for starting the thread DEATHGUYJ. Your build looks good. But smok king said he was getting leaks and to add to it, the bottom pin pops out? Oh man! OK, we all know that there is a bit of engineering in this KayFun 4 and I'm guessing to clone one of these may be just that little more difficult.

I don't know, but perhaps Tobeco should have even counted the threads where they start and end. Maybe that makes the difference. But then again I'm not an engineer. But I'm tired of watching YouTube and losing lots of juice. It also annoys the hell out of me more when it ends up on my hands because wiping them doesn't clean them. Anything you touch becomes oily and slippery and running to wash your hands just to return to all your juice lost pisses me off. It''s not as if I haven't made 7 billion coils by now and I'm certain that most who do build their own coils can probably do it with their eyes closed. (I wouldn't be surprised if anyone has tried building with their eyes closed). But juice on your hands just sucks.

I look at my K4 from Tobeco while I'm vaping something else that works with satisfaction and I think that some day I'll become a terrorist on this K4 from Tobeco and send Tobeco an email with my requests and if they don't reply to me I will start chopping it down with a chainsaw or something that LQQKS evil and send them photos or post videos on YouTube of what I think of their product. That'll teach em ;-)

On a serious note, anyone else with a fix to leaks from the air holes after tightening down everything please also add to this thread. I also have an original KayFun, though I'm not breaking that down as yet unless confident with it. I will only go down to as far the build and always run the same juice through it.. My favorite.

Also, who ever thinks is getting a funny taste through their Tobeco. Quickly stop vaping it. Do whatever you can either clean it then run it through boiling hot water but I would recommend something else to that cleans machine oil... Like OUZO but not to much, it's a waste of ouzo.
    DEATHGUYJ and smok king like this.
    Yul Brynner: Whatever you do, don't "Smoke"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast