Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ssstahly
  • 1 Post By Paddlin
  • 1 Post By Paddlin
  • 1 Post By Paddlin

Thread: NR-R-NR dual wicking

AVF Regular

NR-R-NR dual wicking

ok so i been playing around with my ithaka since i got my mech mod in the mail and i'm having issues making dual coils that work well together.

by this i mean after vaping for a while with them and then cracking it open to look at the coils i'll find that one will seem to be gunking up while the other is staying perfectly clean or i'll be getting a burnt taste and open it to find one coil is burning the wicking while other isn't.

any helpful pointers on how to make them balance out better ?

lmb
    AVF Regular
    Are you using two of the same resistance paddlin? I usually use 2 1.8 or 1.5 premades from Stormy's Vapor Cellar. 2 pieces of silica per coil crossed over each other. I don't bother with an extra piece of silica between the two.

Put up a shot of your build if you can and I'll see if its anything obvious. one thing that can restrict juice flow is if the wire is strangling the wick at the top of the channels
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    I use 2 x 1.5 or 1.8ohm coils the same as lmb. I use 2 x 2mm silica pieces.

Can be a little tricky at the start, but once you get it you won't look back. Persist and it will be your favorite atty.
    Once the coils are in, give it a fire and make sure both coils are lighting up, then wack some juice on them and make sure one of coils arn't lighting up. Then give it a test puff with the
    Mouthpiece in place. If all good then wack the tank on and fill it up.

Weird that one is gunking up quick. I normally get about 7 days per build. And that's 2 tanks a day.
    lmb likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    I'm sure you've seem a review, but this is pretty much the way to do it. Except we buy premade wire.
    http://youtu.be/keWBdDVH8xc

AVF Regular
    yeah i am waiting for my delivery of pre-mades so i was trying to make my own from 28ga kanthal and nickel NR wire. wrapping it on 3mm silica with an extra short bit for each coil. i might just keep working on single coils until i get more pre-welded wires in. the one that i made with pre-welded ones worked like a trooper and even running a single coil i've been loving the ithaka.

as fr gunking up i have always gunked up atty's really fast for some reason. it was why i started doing rebuildables in the first place really. as an absolute back-up atty i have a kanger pro-tank i use now and then that i barely get 2 days out of a coil in. as the missus says maybe it wouldn't gunk up so fast if it wasn't attached to my face 24/7
    disley likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddlin View Post
    yeah i am waiting for my delivery of pre-mades so i was trying to make my own from 28ga kanthal and nickel NR wire. wrapping it on 3mm silica with an extra short bit for each coil. i might just keep working on single coils until i get more pre-welded wires in. the one that i made with pre-welded ones worked like a trooper and even running a single coil i've been loving the ithaka.

as fr gunking up i have always gunked up atty's really fast for some reason. it was why i started doing rebuildables in the first place really. as an absolute back-up atty i have a kanger pro-tank i use now and then that i barely get 2 days out of a coil in. as the missus says maybe it wouldn't gunk up so fast if it wasn't attached to my face 24/7
    Are your premades far off? I can send you some if you like.
    Shoot me a pm with your addy and I'll get some to you.
    When you do dual coils again, have a go at 2 or 2.5mm silica. Found it to be a little better.
    The premades make the gg attys so easy to build. I actually prefer the nr-r-nr attys over the updates.

AVF Regular
    thanks mate will definately try the thinner wicking. my first few builds on it were using a few strands of 1mm but that just wasn't cutting it while i waited on some thicker stuff.

thanks for the offer of some wires but lmb has kindly offered me some already . i'm hoping *touch wood* they should only be a week or 2 away guess it depends on if the plane goes missing. seems to be a recurring theme for planes these days.

my ithaka was a second hander i got from a fellow forum member here for myself for christmas and i gotta say i'm freaking stoked with it. running it on either my mech-mod or my old sigelei it runs like a charm. wish i had of saved the 5-600 bucks i've spent on all other kinds of drippers and tank mods and just bought one of these to start with
    lmb likes this.

AVF Regular
    Good stuff!
    It really is a great atty! I've bought and sold a lot of gear, but my gg stuff has always stayed put. The just gg and ithaka go everywhere with me.

AVF Regular
    thanks to lmb i got some pre-made wires today and just finnished a new build with 2 coils in the cross over way folks mentioned and shown in the video. man does it make a difference. it's vaping like a steam train and tastes great out of the box .

thanks guys
    lmb likes this.

lmb
    AVF Regular
    Great to hear Paddlin, enjoy the vape
    RIP VP