Thread: Cloupor Mini Melting issues.

AVF Regular

Cloupor Mini Melting issues.

Just in case anyone owns one.
    Taste Your Juice | Cloupor Mini – Heats… ah I mean… Heads Up

So glad i didnt get one
    Contributing to the moral decay of Australia since 1974

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    I manged to drag n' drop some images from Taste Your Juice | Cloupor Mini – Heats… ah I mean… Heads Up

If you have got one, remove the battery As Soon As Possible !!!

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Wow, that is so dangerous.

We do rely heavily on the safety of these things, being a mini bomb in you hand, I don't feel like blowing my hand or face off, the idea was to blow clouds. So definitely be staying away from that clouper.

The reply thye gave him was scary... be like saying 'yeah 1000's of people are using them and only 50 died'
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)

Text & Pictures from tasteyourjuice.com

Cloupor Mini - Heats... ah I mean... Heads Up

One of the things I hate most about doing these reviews is when I have a good experience with a device and
    you do not. Keep in mind that in my reviews, I can only report on my personal experience with a device.

I’ve heard and seen enough regarding this device, so I took it upon myself to issue a warning even with the
    overall thumbs up it received in the video.

I can’t speak to what’s causing the melt-down of this device, but with regulated devices, no matter HOW you
    use them OR charge them, they should not melt down. They should have the built in safety required to keep
    you safe and prevent issues like this from happening.

Here are some of the photos I’ve seen:

These photos just added. From the user:

Dead Cloupor Mini after burning. Not in USB charge at that time, just sit on a table on in
    standby mode! Never charge it on USB port. It just burn on the table, not is use when
    it’s happened! (sorry for the bad English)

I did have some conversation with Cloupor and I wasn’t exactly thrilled with the response:

Hi Phill ,
    firstly, we are so sorry to hear the melted issue . But , it’s very very rare rate happened in
    mini device .As the state we collect until today , we shipped out more than 100 thousand
    out , only about 40-50pcs with melted issue….

His email goes on, but IMHO, not matter how small the percentage, NO pieces should be melting. I would
    consider this a pretty major defect.

Recalls are costly and ugly, but in this case, it may very well be warranted.

Buy, use, and charge these at your own risk!

This post will be placed with the review here on TasteYourJuice and a warning placed in the description of the
    video itself. I know that Cloupor has my review listed on their site and I’m asking it be removed.
    CCVaper
    Wow, that is so dangerous.

We do rely heavily on the safety of these things, being a mini bomb in you hand, I don't feel like blowing my hand or face off, the idea was to blow clouds. So definitely be staying away from that clouper.

The reply thye gave him was scary... be like saying 'yeah 1000's of people are using them and only 50 died'
    Nobody has died or been hurt yet & I hope nobody will be !
    Don't panic !
    If you have a Cloupor Mini,
    please remove the battery As Soon As Possible !!!
    Last edited by Snidely_Whiplash; 28-01-15 at 06:37 AM.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCVaper View Post
    'yeah 1000's of people are using them and only 50 died'
    That's OK then, but it would suck to one of the 50 ...
    ---

AVF Regular
    Mine works fine and never had a problem. They never identify the source of these pics and ive never seen them in the news. If their blowing up and such wouldnt the papers be interested? Like when the guys ecig blew up in a pub?

AVF Regular
    Steve, cloupor have admitted there have been 50 cases of failure out of the 100,000 produced. There is no debate as to whether or not a small % of units die. No doubt the number will rise as more people receive the units that have already been produced. If you have got one, keep a keen eye on it for the first couple of weeks of use.
    Last edited by Gresh11; 28-01-15 at 09:41 AM.
    Fatman and Hidden1 like this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh11 View Post
    Steve, cloupor have admitted there have been 50 cases of failure out of the 100,000 produced. There is no debate as to whether or not a small % of units die. No doubt the number will rise as more people receive the units that have already been produced. If you have got one, keep a keen eye on it for the first couple of weeks of use.
    So that's 0.05%? I haven't heard any owners from here reporting issues. Have a look at the vamo, Hana, ego and other mods issues in the past. They've had higher % of issues reported. It was an ego blowing up in a pub a while ago wasn't it? Every time I hear the scaremonger stories the source is always "a friend of mine" or "This guy I know" or pictures without any source information such as owners name , where he bought it etc. Of course Busardos going to cover himself, then later you cant point the finger at him and say he didn't mention it. But he didn't experience these issues either. Sure we should be careful but the internet is an easy way of spreading panic with a few photos and a paragraph of text. Just saying.
    Fatman, Skoville and Burdy like this.

AVF Regular
    .As the state we collect until today , we shipped out more than 100 thousand
    out , only about 40-50pcs with melted issue….

Reading the confusing wording of Cloupor's email response to Busardo, I'm not convinced Cloupor have in fact admitted there have been 40 - 50 cases of failure or not. It's written in very poor English and another equally plausible interpretation of the above quote could be that they have received or seen on the internet 40 - 50 'reports' of these melt down issues. IMO it's a bit hard to tell which is the case at this stage.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem, but like Steve.c I'm a bit sceptical about these photo's in the absence of no further information about the owners or when and where they bought their devices etc. I'm not saying they're not genuine pics or that the incidents as described didn't happen. For me, there is a lack of information to satisfy 'me' as to their authenticity at this time. If there were 40 or 50 of these having melted down I would've expected to see at least 1 YouTube video with an upset ranting and raving device owner. But, strangely there's nothing (that I can find anyway).

Like I posted in the Cloupor mini thread last night before arth_d created this one, I haven't had any problems with my Cloupor mini and I'll keep using it, watchfully, until further reliable information becomes available.

(or it melts on me )
    Fatman and MrGruffy like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast