Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: Calling ALL vapers!

Calling ALL vapers!

My unrealistic dreams of getting an iStick 50w and actually being able to rely on it for YEARS to come has been shattered (thankfully)
    I want a be-all-&-end-all mod. From what i've gathered; (& correct me if im wrong) this will consist of a set of rechargeable batteries, a charger and a mod (the part that I connect my atty to

My needs are simple yet great! The variable-wattage mod itself must have some functioning longevity and reputable quality that I can rely on. Don't wanna be buying another one anytime soon..
    The batteries must be just top-f***ing-notch, A++ grade. The best! (Fast or slow draining batteries are an area that I don't know much about.. so feel free to give any pointers or advice regarding this)
    The charger must just be a reliable one. I don't see why a charger can't last a lifetime if treated with respect and used correctly, so i'd like a nice one to be proud of

I also want some flexibility in what I can use it for. Over the next year of being a beginner vapist, i'll be alternating between two types of vaping
    1. Vaping strictly for flavour and tasting purposes (visible vapour will not be important for this), and 2. high wattage serious serious cloud chasing for when I start getting into making coils and enjoying the finer things such as HIGH GRADE mechanical attys (if i'm saying that right..).. You know what I mean. The more hands-on stuff.

I don't know if 100W is going to be necessary.. I really don't yet understand going that high.. However i'm not opposed to the idea of having it as an option if there is some feasible reason why people would ever hit 100W. I simply don't know why yet.

So yeah. At first i'll just be using it for a Nautilus and Atlantis, but shortly down the road I will seriously consider the top-tier of enjoying my vape sessions with all that complicated DIY/dripping stuff that i've heard so much about. I appreciate (and desperately NEED) any input at this stage, because I am basing my purchase strictly on the advice given by AussieVapers HOWEVER, I will only need one mod. Two or more would just be too much because I want only the best and am prepared to pay for it.

I'm looking at stuff like this.. The Gryphon 120w Raptor Box.. and just so confused. Maybe $250 is a reasonable price, but I don't understand why. I'm happy to learn from first-hand experience with the device after purchasing it if someone can say that such a pricey device is 100% worth the cost and will last the mile... however I just don't understand much about it and I need some guidance. Hopefully someone reading this understands that I'm not going to just buy a 30w istick and call it a day. I learn best from diving in head first, especially with my technology and I hate messing around with multiple purchases. Help me out ladies and gentlemen and I will forever be in your debt

My first Aspire attys are on their way as we speak so the sooner I buy a variable-wattage mod, some batteries and a charger.. the sooner I can dispose of the rest of this deck of disgusting cigarettes and enjoy a life of sweet, sweet vape!

Please, experts.. chime in. I need guidance. Websites to purchase from, reasons WHY to get a particular mod, and any other details that you wish someone told you when you first began.
    Thank you all in advance. I'll be hanging off every word you type while I frantically research whatever I can on the topic and hopefully come to an educated decision about what to buy!!

Happy to spend whatever, however obviously i'm not opposed to a well-priced device that has the same functionality as an overpriced one that being said however, I am strongly not opposed to paying for quality.

Last edited by Deja Vu; 03-02-15 at 02:30 AM.

Super Moderator
    Suggestion
    Whatever you think your vaping journey will be before you start vaping, will probably change a good half dozen times within your first 12 months

One of the things that is oft overlooked by beginning vapers is the journey!

Firstly you need something just to get you off the ciggies... And give you room for a little experimentation, while offering a degree of redundancy...Ie. Multiples and spares... Do you need to go high end off the bat? Probably not...

You may never need more than 20w if you are in the vast majority of people who Vape to not smoke... All the youtubers forget to tell you that as they justify their 15 minutes of "fame" .
    The device you buy now will probably not be the device you will be vaping on in two years time , or even 3 months... The Best advice to anyone seeking longevity and reliability is ....Provari.... And it doesn't have to be a flash one, it can be a good used one , usually 100 to $150 on the classes here... They are not the be all and end all of vaping , but they are the Landrover of vaping gear and will normally outlive anything on the market, while offering sensible vaping aftermarket service, and having proved themselves over and over again.
    If you have one in your arsenal , even if just as a backup, you won't be left wanting .
    Now do you need one?....nope...you can get off the fags with 3 ego batteries and a half dozen clearos or a couple of tank systems.

Don't rush into the biggest and best... Buy well , master, learn research and move in the direction it takes you.

When you ditch the fags , suddenly you are going to have a couple of hundred dollars a fortnight more than you have now, and suddenly a few hundred for a mod doesn't seem so daunting?.... Find where YOU need to be rather than rely on others to tell you what you need.

That is not to say don't ask questions and opinions, but be guided rather than accept as gospel

For me if I was starting out today? A couple of 30 watt Isticks and 2 or 3 different tank systems to find out what you like...and go from there... Keeping in mind that when you do graduate from them the next thing is probably a changeable battery mod and then you need to buy the best batteries and charger that you can afford...because they more so than the mod are your life blood !

You do NOT need to buy once and get it perfect....you need to discover what perfection is to you
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    If I'm not mistaken you haven't even purchased a battery of any kind yet but you are now talking about getting a mod with changeable batteries? To me that's a little bit like trying to run before you know how to walk.

I think everything that Fatman said is spot on.

The best now may not be the best in a few months time. Same as what's best for you now may not be the best for you down the track. No one can tell you what you're looking to hear......the 'be-all-and-end-all' device for you. Everyone's preferences, tastes and needs are different. What's best for others may not be best for you. You need to be spending some time experimenting, researching and working towards finding what that is.

edit - I just saw your other post and it seems you have been put off the istick because you were told it will only last you a year or so? That's good for the price. No device is going to last you a lifetime and mod batteries only last so long. Weather you are replacing the whole device or just batteries its still going to cost you.
    Last edited by Tara; 03-02-15 at 04:53 AM.
    Fatman and crispy like this.

AVF Regular
    I agree with everything said above.

The other thing to keep in mind is that once your vaping evolves you may find that one setup does not fit all the situations you find yourself in. That small discrete dripping setup that you carry around during the day may be different the the large battery capacity heavier mod that you use at home or the super reliable setup that you take to the pub. You may also find you want more than one flavour and the constant switching of tank etc may drive you insane.

Get started with something and develop a routine of battery charging, Eliquid mixing (or buying), cleaning and maintenance and recoiling or rewicking. It's only then you can judge what works for your lifestyle.

I use 4 main setups at the moment. Elegance tanks with spinner batteries, billet boxes, Mecha (or provari)and tanks and the ultimate workhorses mvp's (or EPM) and tanks. They each have their situations.

Lastly until you commit to a particular device and topper (clearo, tank, dripper) you will be stuck with consumables that are not one size fits all.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 03-02-15 at 05:12 AM.
    Fatman, Cath Mort, Slayer and 2 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    If you listen to anyone in these forums, make sure Fatman is one of them. This man right here has offered some of the best advice around as you can see. I couldn't agree more on the Provari. Built like a brick cacker house and just works and works and works. And when your other mods die it will keep on working. Ok might be a bit of overkill but when I started I got my hands on one and it was the smartest choice I made. As he said once you stop smoking you'll have this spare change to purchase more and experiment and find your sweet spot. You may even find you enjoy multiple ways of vaping and thus have a variety of setups that you rotate (as a fair few of us do).

Having said all that good luck with your journey into vaping and you have surely found the right place to guide you through it and meet some top notch people along the way.
    Fatman and crispy like this.
    -Last Analogue-
    Thursday 24-04-2014 @ 4:00pm

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I agree with everything said above.

The other thing to keep in mind is that once your vaping evolves you may find that one setup does not fit all the situations you find yourself in. That small discrete dripping setup that you carry around during the day may be different the the large battery capacity heavier mod that you use at home or the super reliable setup that you take to the pub. You may also find you want more than one flavour and the constant switching of tank etc may drive you insane.

Get started with something and develop a routine of battery charging, Eliquid mixing (or buying), cleaning and maintenance and recoiling or rewicking. It's only then you can judge what works for your lifestyle.

I use 4 main setups at the moment. Elegance tanks with spinner batteries, billet boxes, Mecha (or provari)and tanks and the ultimate workhorses mvp's (or EPM) and tanks. They each have their situations.

Lastly until you commit to a particular device and topper (clearo, tank, dripper) you will be stuck with consumables that are not one size fits all.
    Yep, this is very true, as is all the other advice. I'm finding for me mech mods are great, but also want to get a good regulated mod also, and have different rda's and rta's for different situations. Yet my missus after nearly a year is happily content on using the same vision spinners, aspire et's clearos and 2 juices she started with, so everyone is different and has different needs.

I thought at one stage I was gonna get right into mixing, but quickly realised I couldn't be stuffed with it, I also started out thinking id never get into rebuildables, but now don't use anything that's not.

Just jump in and get started, let your vaping evolve and work out what you want from it. It may he that you have an array of gear for different scenarios, or you may realise one setup suit your need and stick with that, but its something you will learn on the job so to speak.
    Fatman likes this.
    "Vape mail incoming, I have"

AVF Regular
    Just jump in and get something. You will want something new in a few weeks.
    Fatman and disley like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    HOWEVER, I will only need one mod. Two or more would just be too much because I want only the best and am prepared to pay for it.
    From a long term vaper's point of view - this ^^ is not a good idea. Backup mods are essential. If you drop your mod and bust it - you're screwed. If you go out for drinkies and accidentally leave it in the cab on the way home - you're screwed. If you leave it in your car and it gets broken into and stolen - you're screwed. Get the drift?

My suggestion is get a mid range, reasonable wattage (maybe 30, possibly 50 watts, though I never vape over 15 watts myself). You can easily do that for under $100. Actually, get two devices.

Then go to supersports ebay store, send him a message and ask him to recommend what you need (both batteries and charger) - I'd suggest getting flat top batteries, as most variable wattage devices use them. This is not a wasted investment as you'll be using the same batteries if you decide to splash out on a high end mod.

Then you've got something to play with whilst you work out what you like in terms of atties etc. These devices can then be relegated to backups when you have more of an idea of what you like. Vaping requires organisation and being prepared in case something stuffs up on you.

can someone put the link in for supersports' store for me pretty please? I have to leave now for work and don't have time lol
    Last edited by giruvian; 03-02-15 at 08:48 AM.
    Fatman, Cath Mort, D13S3L and 2 others like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    Fatman likes this.

Here ya go Ingrid
    supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Protected items on eBay Stores!
    You wont need batteries or a charger yet.
    Wait until you have a device that uses replaceable batteries and buy the batteries that fit that particular mod
    Last edited by Mark B; 03-02-15 at 09:15 AM.
    giruvian and Fatman like this.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast