Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Opinions on Joytech eGrip 20w?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Opinions on Joytech eGrip 20w?

Have been looking at this one as a possible purchase for my at home vaping http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=215 Have watched a few video reviews, but would like some opinions from forum members.

For my at work vaping I plan to use the SmokTech starter kit (thanks to Northener for that), so as you may gather I'm new at anything that doesn't look like a cig-alike. Currently on the 1.2% menthol Greensmoke carts and have been for the last 14 months (yeah, a REAL newbie). When I was on the smokes was on 2mg menthols (about 60 a day). To give you an idea of current usage, am going through around 4 GS carts a day. Plan at this stage is to keep with the menthol juices and gradually reduce the nic content.

What I am after is something basic - easy to use, compact, reliable, long lasting ... just pour in the juice, charge batteries, and go. Would this be what I need?

AVF Regular
    you might find a few opinions in these 27 pages

New Joyetech eGrip

AVF Regular
    The Egrip is about the best all round solution for size & vaping pleasure I've yet seen BUT it does need some work arounds to get it problem free. The provided atomisers seem to make the Egrip seem over powered & even on the lowest settings it would be edging close to dry hits. Quite a few have said this but there are others who seemingly have no problem with the atomisers.
    The solution for us that were suffering the near dry hits was the release of a rebuildable head which transformed the Egrip into the best all round solution for size & vaping pleasure I've yet seen BUT with the rebuildable head installed it seemed to be prone to sudden leaking from the bottom air hole which has been overcome by putting a slightly longer wick into the coil & spreading the wick around the base, mine hasn't leaked now for over two weeks making the Egrip best all round solution for size & vaping pleasure I've yet seen & at a great price compared to what we spend on other stuff.
    gtadmin, avtek, kyogen and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I would absolutely love to see a second version of the egrip. The issues it suffers from are easily fixable from a manufacturers side, especially when it comes to the design of the stock coil heads.
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    egrip2 ?
    gtadmin and huhuhu like this.

Love the egrip. Rba is very small though rebuildings a hassle but as far as a stealth all in one. Its the go

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    The Egrip is about the best all round solution for size & vaping pleasure I've yet seen BUT it does need some work arounds to get it problem free. The provided atomisers seem to make the Egrip seem over powered & even on the lowest settings it would be edging close to dry hits. Quite a few have said this but there are others who seemingly have no problem with the atomisers.
    The solution for us that were suffering the near dry hits was the release of a rebuildable head which transformed the Egrip into the best all round solution for size & vaping pleasure I've yet seen BUT with the rebuildable head installed it seemed to be prone to sudden leaking from the bottom air hole which has been overcome by putting a slightly longer wick into the coil & spreading the wick around the base, mine hasn't leaked now for over two weeks making the Egrip best all round solution for size & vaping pleasure I've yet seen & at a great price compared to what we spend on other stuff.
    I gather from this you like them just a little bit, Rod?

rodbam likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JV321 View Post
    I would absolutely love to see a second version of the egrip. The issues it suffers from are easily fixable from a manufacturers side, especially when it comes to the design of the stock coil heads.
    If only they adapted the rebuildable heads from the eGo-ONE

Also:
    1. Fix the reported problem with the USB
    2. ...

The version with the OLED screen looks okay, but I'm easy
    rodbam likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    I gather from this you like them just a little bit, Rod?

Well GT I really loved the Egrip it was like living with an untrainable woman, always interesting to solve the small problems & annoyances all the while being a pleasure to live with..............Weeeeell that was until me USB port came off the main board making it unusable, it was like being sent to the spare room to sleep even on Saturday nights:-)
    I have found some relacement USBs in Hong Kong for $1-95 for 5 with free postage (hard to believe but they have been sent) once they get here I will get my son to do the soldering & see how it goes then our relationship might be restored:-)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by huhuhu View Post
    Love the egrip. Rba is very small though rebuildings a hassle but as far as a stealth all in one. Its the go
    It is a bit fiddly, that's for sure, but so worth it since it vapes so nicely.
    For now I've been using the pre-built coils that come in a 5 pack but eventually I'll have a go at getting one of my own coils in there.

Since they are a bit of a hassle to get in there I dry burn the existing coil, you'll need the RBA Base Adaptor for that, and stick some new cotton in there.
    So far so good.

I'm sure the Egrip has been a big success for Joyetech.
    I'm surprised no one else has come out with something similar but with some improvements.
    Last edited by thunderlips; 22-04-15 at 02:01 AM.
    Dalork, nicoandlaughter and huhuhu like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast