Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Larger size box mods?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Larger size box mods?

I would like to get a box mod but I'm still a noob and have so many questions. The main features I want in a box mod is something that can handle a low Ohm tank like a kanger sub tank and has a large physical size with a side button for comfort.

I'm thinking I wont need anything over 30w. I can find loads of recommendations for smaller mods (ipv mini 30w, istick etc) but not many for larger size mods. I think the mvp 3 looks super comfortable with it's raised side button and larger size.

Is it better to get something without a battery and install my own? If so what battery (18650) is safe and reliable? a panasonic ncr18650b?

I would like to keep the mod under $100 if possible.

I found taller size mod with a samsung 18650 included for $40 but I cant find any reviews SMY35 35W Variable Wattage E-Cigarette Box Mod-31.74 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

I would love to hear your stories with your first bought box mod

What was it? was it comfortable?

Any help is as always much appreciated

AVF Regular
    Sounds like a Hana DNA30 Mod would suit what your looking for. They are found on ebay and fasttech but I would recommend the original or the cloupor clone compared to FT's stock.

You won't find many bigger than this as they are only going the other way in getting smaller.

I loved and still love my Hana clone from cloupor. Nice round edges and a nice weight to it.
    ravingham91 likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Terradan View Post
    Sounds like a Hana DNA30 Mod would suit what your looking for. They are found on ebay and fasttech but I would recommend the original or the cloupor clone compared to FT's stock.

You won't find many bigger than this as they are only going the other way in getting smaller.

I loved and still love my Hana clone from cloupor. Nice round edges and a nice weight to it.
    Thanks I will have a look at one. How much did you pay and from where? what battery do you recommend?

AVF Regular
    If the samsung battery is a 25r (smurf called by some), its good battery not as good as a VTC 5 but lot easier to find.
    Your better of buying batteries in Aus then having them sent from overseas ground transport, takes ages.

upper end of the scale maybe a Sigelei or a Telsa box

AVF Regular
    I got mine in a co-op but I've seen they get as low as $80 aud..

Also, you'll need to buy the batteries seperately and i'd recommend using a seperate charger rather than charging via the usb port on the mod but that's just safety and me.

The latest batteries used for sub-ohm is the Samsung 18650 25R 2500mah 30A battery. You could also use Sony VTC4's.
    Ah, also look for ebay user supersports600 to buy the batteries.. always genuine and fast shipping.
    Last edited by Terradan; 09-02-15 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added supersports
    Switched from analog to electric: 21-Aug-13

A ZNA 50W, it only takes one battery at a time though, but it can automatically adjust your wattage and voltage for you

A ZNA 50W, it only takes one battery at a time though, but it can automatically adjust your wattage and voltage for you. I'd take Terradan's advice and go with a hana as well, it can fit 2 batteries. Nitecore Charger and the 2 batteries that comes with the set you mentioned or the samsung 18650 25A. They are good batteries.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ravingham91 View Post
    Thanks I will have a look at one. How much did you pay and from where? what battery do you recommend?
    May i suggest to watch all these videos about batteries.
    Things have changed since regulated mods produced more power.
    If you are only going to use something like the nautilus 1.6ohm then its best to use the low amp panasonic 3.400 mAh
    Otherwise subohming you will need some high drain.
    Configurations with dual batteries is different being stacking or parallel so i would recommend to keep an eye on this series he is doing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtJiRDIvIL4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwu5CzVh_0w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNhOPL1SU2Q
    Hoofprint likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'd go for one of these.
    SMOK XPRO M65 - 65W Mini Box Mod | VapourEyes
    SMOK XPRO M65 - 65W Mini Box Mod

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ravingham91 View Post
    I would like to get a box mod but I'm still a noob and have so many questions. The main features I want in a box mod is something that can handle a low Ohm tank like a kanger sub tank and has a large physical size with a side button for comfort.

I'm thinking I wont need anything over 30w. I can find loads of recommendations for smaller mods (ipv mini 30w, istick etc) but not many for larger size mods. I think the mvp 3 looks super comfortable with it's raised side button and larger size.

Is it better to get something without a battery and install my own? If so what battery (18650) is safe and reliable? a panasonic ncr18650b?

I would like to keep the mod under $100 if possible.

I found taller size mod with a samsung 18650 included for $40 but I cant find any reviews SMY35 35W Variable Wattage E-Cigarette Box Mod-31.74 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

I would love to hear your stories with your first bought box mod

What was it? was it comfortable?

Any help is as always much appreciated
    If your a newb why would you be using a subtank?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast