Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Rebuildable heads, Subtank mini or Delta 2

AVF Regular

Rebuildable heads, Subtank mini or Delta 2

Which would be better when using the rebuildable heads?
    kwiktech likes this.

I take it you're trying to decide which one to buy?

Well I've not bothered to use the rebuildable deck in the subtank mini rather I opted to rebuild the OOC with nickel as soon as I got it.

The delta2 I don't own but! - the rebuildable deck is a separate expense which will cost you an extra $15 on top right away. The LVC heads though can be rebuilt if your not interested in paying $25 for a pack but in my extensive research they appear to be a little harder and take longer to build.

I'm not a fan boi for either or trying to convince you to go either way just letting you know how it is and my experience.

Other cons for the delta2;
    Non replaceable glass - mini has a spare inc
    Hard to see juice levels - may be ok with DNA40 temp control but most likely will know your tank is empty by getting a dry hit w/ a regular build
    $15 up front extra cost for the deck
    Harder to fill
    $25 delta2 replacement coils compared to 10-15 for the mini

I mean really the non replaceable glass is the killer for me. Thin aluminium gives the impression that your glass is protected but its vibrations that shatters glass and it really isn't protected.

I've had plenty of opportunity to spring for the delta 2 and I will most likely get one but if actions speak louder than words then consider that last night I brought a second subtank mini rather than a delta2...

Edit;

I should add that I think the mini deck is slightly better in the way the coil wire is trapped between a post and the screw offering a more secure connection.

Will probably think of mode details that are important but for now...

Well I will mention that the mini now has different coloured O-rings which is way cool... though that has nothing to do w/ the function of the device...

Fasttech has tinted glass for the mini...

geez now I'm rambling

Someone will have to point out something totally amazing about the Delta2 for me to justify spending the extra $$$ for what appears to be a less valuable/functional/desirable product compared to the subtank mini

Last edited by kwiktech; 11-02-15 at 04:38 PM.
    Nicaholic likes this.

AVF Regular
    Was watching this video [Aussie bloke on youtube] and he does not like the rebuildable atomizer that can be purchased as an option for the Delta 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep6Vqaa_GMI

AVF Regular
    Busardo's Delta 2 review

kwiktech likes this.

AVF Regular
    im torn between the 1 atty's the adjustable juice control on the delta 2 coils seems interesting for the 50/50 blends i run, but the subtank has the better value hands down

The adjustable juice flow on the LVC heads seems like a great idea but...

Its going to be messy making adjustments mid tank.

When rebuilding OCC heads you can adjust juice flow by the thickness, type of cotton and by how much cotton you push back into the hole.

Do you really want to be using LVC heads which cost twice as much and have some unknown material in them that easily breaks down and could be inhaled. What is that stuff? Geez it could turn out to be like asbestos. Not a fane of inhaling fine particles of anything especially something from China!

Its clear to everyone which company listened to its costumers and made the right changes to produce the superior product.

And which company had the later release and every opportunity to produce a superior product but was only interested in making money!

Why o why would joyetech release a product that contains what looks to be the same "ceramic paper" in the coils when in 2014 aspire had how much trouble and controversy with the same issue???

Clearly joyetech has no idea what is going on in the vaping world and if they do they don't care. Looks to me like making profit off unsuspecting "new to vaping" customers is more important the health of those customers...

I don't think I will ever buy a joyetech product.

I should add that I don't want to freak people out too much about the LVC coils.

Aspire released statements that the "ceramic fibre" in their BVC heads went though a lot of "testing" for "certification" and they say its "nontoxic"...

They also say that the "ceramic fibre" is manufactured by one of their own companies.

The fact are we don't know about the health standards in China. We can guess though...

Aspire and joyetech re not the same. So who knows were they source their "ceramic fibre" or if its been tested at all?

If using a Delta2 I would be 100% using the RBA deck or totally rebuilding the LVC heads w/ my own cotton.

AVF Regular
    Making your own coil and placing it on the RBA is a hell of a lot easier on the subtank mini.
    I found it a real struggle with the Delta II since you need to bend the wire a certain way and then thread it through some tiny holes. If using the DII it would be easier to buy the pre made coils, which cost about $5 for 5.

Rip Trippers has a pretty good video on YouTube showing how to rebuild the subtank mini.
    It's really easy.
    Last edited by thunderlips; 12-02-15 at 07:58 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kwiktech View Post
    Clearly joyetech has no idea what is going on in the vaping world and if they do they don't care. Looks to me like making profit off unsuspecting "new to vaping" customers is more important the health of those customers...
    [/B]
    Don't think that statement is correct and it's a little bit of fear mongering. I'm not sure why they used that material, if it is indeed that material (it looks like it, but it's not confirmed), but I don't think Joyetech is trying to pull the wool over any vapers eyes hoping to fool a noob or 2 on a sub ohm tank used mostly by more experienced vapers, who will very likely pull the stock heads apart to investigate.

If it were in an entry level device like an ego, the thought they were trying to trick people may hold a bit more weight.

Is it possible they were being naive/blissfully ignorant? Absolutely. Is it possible it is actually safe, they have a better reason to believe it is, which is why they wanted to put it in? Also completely feasible.

There is also no good solid proof that if it is ceramic fibre, it's any more of an issue than cotton. Some people have had issues. I haven't. Plenty haven't. I'm not defending them, but each person needs to weigh up the risks any time they vape ANYTHING on ANY DEVICE.
    Last edited by JV321; 13-02-15 at 09:46 AM.
    Fatman, disley, Browny and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular

I don't think I will ever buy a joyetech product.
    How much are kanga tech paying you?
    You're more than an interested amateur vaper.
    Stewey and kwiktech like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast