Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Eleaf 50w or the Innokin MVP 3.0 30W

AVF Regular

Eleaf 50w or the Innokin MVP 3.0 30W

I'm looking at buying a regulated box mod as I've been enjoying using my wifes Egrip with the rba installed. I still enjoy my mech mods but mainly on a fully charged battery, I'm assuming a regulated mod gives a constant vape throughout the the life of a battery charge.
    The two in my price range I like are the Eleaf 50W & the Innokin MVP 3.0 30W. I don't know why but I'm assuming the MVP 3.0 would have better electronics & it does RMS but I do like the size & shape of the Eleaf & I do find my wifes 20w Istick a good vape even though it is PWM.
    Does anyone have any advice on which might be the better purchase, I would be called an average vapour & normally use about 1ohm coils. I use Kayfun Lite +, Rose & now a Kangor Sub tank with a 1ohm coil in the rba.

AVF Regular
    ive had to older mvp 2 it was quality, but if it was me id go for the istick, bigger battery and more power if you need it
    rodbam likes this.

Big thanks to Hidden1 for his awesome work on my box mod! (vapeOholic ejuice is my crack/cocaine)

Super Moderator
    Heya Rod ... been using the 50W istick for a few days now ... its pretty rock solid , and has the an improved build quality over the 20W ... good floating pin, stainless 510 , awesome battery life , and it certainly appear to fire in RMS ( as does the 30W version ) I have checked it with my ECDMeter just now and the power supplied reads 0.2-0.3 ohm lower at 10 W
    The Volts displayed , as the resistance of the atty displayed are spot on
    It is actually showing as being truly regulated too ( as in NOT PWM ! ) as it gives no frequency reading with the ECDM

That surprised me a little just then lol
    I think its a wee ripper ... if they could make a change out battery version without altering the dimensions or safety factors , they would be perfect ( and never sell more than one to each person in their lifetime lol )

( its not hard to swap out cells tho if you can solder )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    My IPV2X doesn't hold a candle to the 50w iStick. I used my Delta 2 on a friends iStick and it worked better at 30w on it than it does at 40w on the IPV.
    rodbam likes this.
    I don't blow clouds. I might if they bought me dinner and made me feel appreciated every now and then...

AVF Regular
    Asked myself a similar question earlier this week Rod, wanted something bigger for at home in regards to battery life. Decided to go the istick 50w, as I liked my original 20w, and it had a bigger battery built in compared to the MVP. Power wasn't really a factor for this purchase.

I THINK I made the right choice. There is nothing wrong with it, but for me, doesn't feel great in the hand, and the button just feels a fraction stiff each time I press it. I think I'm just used to smaller/lighter devices, and the button needs a bit of breaking in.

No qualms about quality of the device, looks or function wise. I've probably vaped about 12ml of juice on it over a period of 3 days, and the battery still appears full, so it fits the purpose I bought it for.
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I'm looking at buying a regulated box mod as I've been enjoying using my wifes Egrip with the rba installed. I still enjoy my mech mods but mainly on a fully charged battery, I'm assuming a regulated mod gives a constant vape throughout the the life of a battery charge.
    The two in my price range I like are the Eleaf 50W & the Innokin MVP 3.0 30W. I don't know why but I'm assuming the MVP 3.0 would have better electronics & it does RMS but I do like the size & shape of the Eleaf & I do find my wifes 20w Istick a good vape even though it is PWM.
    Does anyone have any advice on which might be the better purchase, I would be called an average vapour & normally use about 1ohm coils. I use Kayfun Lite +, Rose & now a Kangor Sub tank with a 1ohm coil in the rba.
    My 2 cents

Function: The MPV 3.0 hands down
    1. No PWM
    2. RMS not Eleaf watts
    3. Mini USB placement on the control face & not the bottom
    4. Plenty of power for your Kayfun Lite +, Rose & a Kanger Sub tank, (with a 1ohm coil in the RBA)
    5. 25mm Kanger Sub Tank will not overhang
    6. Better construction
    7. Better QC

Form: You need to see both of them in real life, to make your own decision.

At the end of the day, you need to make up your own mind.
    Don't let us sway you to much.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Thanks everyone:-) Reading down through the posts I became convinced the Istick will be the one then Snidely posted & made me have to think again. FM can you delete Snidely's post:-)

Super Moderator
    LOL ... nup its valid ...you will have to choose lol ...I want to see an istick on an oscilloscope tho before I argue as to full range PWM or if it switches mode somewhere along the way ..it certainly is not pwm at the 10 w I am testing it at
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I would suggest to also look at the IPV mini V2 70w

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Thanks everyone:-) Reading down through the posts I became convinced the Istick will be the one then Snidely posted & made me have to think again. FM can you delete Snidely's post:-)
    Rod knowing how fickle I am with these if you wait a few days I might sell mine.
    gtadmin, Cath Mort, rodbam and 2 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast