Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By nukem
  • 2 Post By coal miner
  • 1 Post By ravingham91

Thread: I'm still a little unsure on batteries

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

I'm still a little unsure on batteries

I will be buying a mini star 50w from FT that uses 1 18650 battery. I will be using coils at no lower than 0.5 Ohms. the voltage for the mod is listed as 3.2-4.3V (3.7V typical) I wont be using the mod above 30W.

How many amps does my battery need to have? I used the Ohms calculator and vaping a .5 coil @ 3.7 volts @ 30w it suggests I need 7.75 amps. If this is the case then a Samsung 18650 would be a good choice?

Or am I totally wrong? I really want to make sure I buy a suitable & safe battery. Also Is it safer to use a dedicated 18650 charger vs the inbuilt charger on the mod? If so what is a cheap but safer charger?

As always any help is much appreciated.

Mod link: https://www.fasttech.com/products/2146803

Battery link:Samsung 18650 2500mAh 3 7V INR18650 25R 35A LI ION Battery High Drain Free Case | eBay

AVF Regular
    yep that battery will be fine
    fungusfiend likes this.

Big thanks to Hidden1 for his awesome work on my box mod! (vapeOholic ejuice is my crack/cocaine)

Super Moderator
    A trusted member here (and you can ring for advice):

2 X Samsung 18650 INR 25R 2500mAh High Current Rechargeable Lithium INR 25R | eBay
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    As i said in the other post

this site will give you details about batteries, ITS NOT INFALLIBLE. so check other sites as well.
    what you want to pay attention to is Amp limit headroom the higher the % the better the battery for you needs,
    if its in the -% using the battery at that level will likley result in damage to the mod and/or you

Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Great using the calculator you provided above looks the the 25r will have + 62% headroom. Thanks again for all the help people I'm now locked in on the 25r.

AVF Regular
    The thing to reemember is that NO battery is 100% without doubt safe Ive had two of those same batteries die on me in the last month and another member here has had one over heat. At the same time Ive seen people sub ohm on second hand lap top batts without a problem and read recently of a mobile phone battery over heating and burning a house down nothing is fool proof.
    Your buying good batteries but still treat them with respect.
    Fatman and Tara like this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

Quote Originally Posted by coal miner View Post
    The thing to reemember is that NO battery is 100% without doubt safe Ive had two of those same batteries die on me in the last month and another member here has had one over heat. At the same time Ive seen people sub ohm on second hand lap top batts without a problem and read recently of a mobile phone battery over heating and burning a house down nothing is fool proof.
    Your buying good batteries but still treat them with respect.
    This is something definitely shall do. Thanks for info.
    coal miner likes this.