Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Help with Tanks please...

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Help with Tanks please...

Ok so I have this friend, lets call him David, who has been vaping for over 2 years now. Not a member of this forum.
    He was a 40 a day smoker for 30 years, and the day he started vaping was the day he stopped smoking...

Hes tried everything from startdust clearos to evods to cartos to rebuildables to the newish tanks that have replaceable heads like a Kanger Mega Aero....basically the 2 go to tanks he uses now are the Kayfun Lite Plus and the Kanger Mega Aero....but.....

He struggles with rebuildables. Hes one of those blokes that dosent want to have to put the effort into rebuilding coils and stuff, in fact it drives him crazy...he is persisting reluctantly with it but I think hes at the point where hes sick of them....

As for the Kanger Mega Aero, he was loving that for the first few months of use, but lately hes complaining about the replacement heads being no good and only lasting a couple of days....right now hes not enjoying vaping like he used to.

SO.....im looking for some advice for him from other experienced vapors out there....what seems to be the best and most reliable tank out there that has replacement heads? Is it the Kanger Mega Aero like hes already using? Or is there something similar thats better thats going to give him great flavour, great clouds and most importantly, EASE of use? Any advise would be appreciated.

For the record hes using a Provari 3 or Provari 2, vaping 50/50 juice at 6mg and hes not interested in sub ohm stuff.

AVF Regular
    I've had good success with kangertech Genitank clearos, with the bdc coils lasting weeks/a month or more. But these are tha same coils your mate is using. There is some conjecture about the consistancy of these coils. Perhaps i have a good batch..... but my juice is not dark and gunky either

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    What if he bought coils already done with wicks in them ready just to screw down and vape away. Or if he needs consistency get a mate to make up 50 or so for him ready made, that way quality can be controlled.

I can't offer much other advice as I'm brand new to vaping and don't have any experience on all the different types of atomizers. Or if he's just using a atty with drop in coils wicked look for a quality supply/source for replacement coils and maybe avoid the cheap stuff.
    Last edited by Dalork; 16-02-15 at 03:35 PM.

AVF Regular
    Aspire Nautilus is my go to when I can't be assed making a coil. I find the coils better than the Kanger coils which gunk up too easy for my liking. Cheap as chips too.

(still nowhere near as good as the Kayfun Lite +... maybe you could tell him about the Kuro coil winder. Makes life easy for crappy coil making people)
    Last edited by Northerner; 16-02-15 at 03:42 PM.
    akef38 and JV321 like this.

AVF Regular
    I am not the best person to give advice here but anyway. I use the 2.1ohm aspire non nautilus heads in my billet box and they have converted me to using clearo coils. I liked them so much I went to the trouble of making a bridge for my carto tanks so that I could use them in something better than the tanks they were designed for. HOV has a silo lite tank that is on my shopping list so that I have a sturdy nice looking tank to use these coils in. These coils last me at a minimum of 1 week (with dark Eliquid) and often more than two. I take short sharp Vapes so I have no idea what someone who long Vapes will go with them. I find the 1.8ohms too gurgly for my style which is why I use the higher ohms.

My other recommendation would be to ask him if there was any point during his run through where he was happy vaping but only moved on because the new thing came out. There is no shame in going back to a simpler system if it hits all the buttons.

Lastly some of the atomizers like the diver, Sophia, killer etc can be another option. Ready wicked coils that pop into ceramic cups can be a quick setup. Fasttech coils are very cheap and in my experience reliable. I use silica wicks because they don't burn.
    Fatman likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

fad
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy VanZeno View Post
    As for the Kanger Mega Aero, he was loving that for the first few months of use, but lately hes complaining about the replacement heads being no good and only lasting a couple of days....right now hes not enjoying vaping like he used to.
    It could be due to quality control issues, or it could be how he's using it (or a bit of both). Has he started using different juice? (thicker/thinner, sweeter etc). How many ml a day is he vaping (ie:is he vaping more than he used to?) Also check what wattage he's vaping at, and if he's priming his coils.

SO.....im looking for some advice for him from other experienced vapors out there....what seems to be the best and most reliable tank out there that has replacement heads? Is it the Kanger Mega Aero like hes already using? Or is there something similar thats better thats going to give him great flavour, great clouds and most importantly, EASE of use? Any advise would be appreciated.

For the record hes using a Provari 3 or Provari 2, vaping 50/50 juice at 6mg and hes not interested in sub ohm stuff.
    Most modern tanks can give good performance but you have to match the tank to the user. If he's trying for "great clouds" with his Mega Aero he might be pushing it too hard.

A 'cloud chasing' tank such as the Kanger Subtank Mini will produce much greater clouds than the Aerotank. Make sure he uses (and buys) the 1.2 ohm coils, not the 0.5 sub-ohm coils and it will work fine in his Provari 3.

AVF Regular
    He struggles with rebuildables. Hes one of those blokes that dosent want to have to put the effort into rebuilding coils and stuff, in fact it drives him crazy...he is persisting reluctantly with it but I think hes at the point where hes sick of them....
    I suggest for him to take a look at this coil jig and to watch the video linked in there
    Revolver Coil Jig - Vape Street Australia
    Burdy likes this.

AVF Regular
    A Delta 2 on a 50watt istick. Buy 5 replacement screw in coils.
    Each one lasts two weeks or more.
    CCVaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    A Delta 2 on a 50watt istick. Buy 5 replacement screw in coils.
    Each one lasts two weeks or more.
    And ear muffs ... ♫ ♪ ♫

First 18 seconds

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    I know that PBursardo. Doesn't he say that whatever works for you and keeps off the ciggy's... Hmm, the whistle or the taste? The clouds even!
    Yul Brynner: Whatever you do, don't "Smoke"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast