Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: iStick 30watt busted after a week.

iStick 30watt busted after a week.

EDIT: Have heard back from vendor, they are more than happy to replace! Thanks vapeeasy.com.au!!!! and thanks too of you for your suggestions!!

Hey guys, new guy here. I recently purchased an iStick 30watt from vapeeasy.com.au. Last night I noticed that one of the top screws was coming out and the top panel seems to be coming off. Has anyone had any issues like this before? I have sent numerous messages to the guys at Buy Electronic E-Cigarettes Liquids Vape Easy Australia asking about refunds or getting a new one but have so far heard nothing from them, has anyone had similar problems with them before? Since this happened the mod seems to get hot and for some reason reads the 1.8ohm coils as 2.2ohm or 2.0ohm, also the battery seems to be draining very quickly.

Ill attach some images...

the battery was full half an hour or so before I took this, with minimal use.

would love some help!!!!

thanks all.
    Last edited by ActionRalf; 20-02-15 at 02:20 PM.

AVF Regular

iStick 30watt busted after a week.

Definatly shouldn't be coming apart.
    Getting hot and draining quickly tells me that there's probably a short in the wiring. I'd stop using it mate and hopefully you hear back from the vendor.

EDIT: and welcome.
    Last edited by ssstahly; 20-02-15 at 01:19 PM.
    Fatman likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    I have not dealt or heard of the vendor but as with all purchases you should have the protection of a warranty. I would continue to contact them and make a claim under warranty, if you have no joy then you will have to try for restitution under either your paypal or credit card payment assistance.

There are so many new vape vendors popping up so its a reminder to deal with vendors who provide service and honor warranties.
    Fatman, btobw and Noonoo like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ssstahly View Post
    Definatly shouldn't be coming apart.
    Getting hot and draining quickly tells me that there's probably a short in the wiring. I'd stop using it mate and hopefully you hear back from the vendor.

EDIT: and welcome.
    Thanks for the reassurance! My original (stupid) order from vaperempire.com arrived today (I was stupid and naive and got done $120 for two ego like devices and took 3 weeks to arrive) so at least I can still vape. I am however starting to doubt the legitimacy of Australian vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I have not dealt or heard of the vendor but as with all purchases you should have the protection of a warranty. I would continue to contact them and make a claim under warranty, if you have no joy then you will have to try for restitution under either your paypal or credit card payment assistance.

There are so many new vape vendors popping up so its a reminder to deal with vendors who provide service and honor warranties.
    Their warranty states 10 days after purchase, which, surprise surprise, ended the day this happened.

AVF Regular
    I am presuming that is their DOA warranty. Sadly only you can make the call on how far you are willing to take it with them or your bank.

I only deal with a limited number of vendors that I trust and that will look after me in case of any issues.
    You will often see me say it's not cheap if it doesn't arrive. Well another one is its not cheap if it doesn't work.

yeah, I see what you mean. I'm now just considering calling that a loss and ordering from vapeking, are the one of your trusted vendors?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionRalf View Post
    . I am however starting to doubt the legitimacy of Australian vendors.
    You shouldn't. There are a number of vendors, most which some sort of presence here who are very good with their customer service, many going above and beyond.

On this issue they can't waive away the consumer law by saying it's 10days only. I would wait for a response from them (say a day or 2) and then put them that you either do a charge back or dispute through Paypal if no reasonable solution can be made.

AVF Regular
    yeah, I see what you mean. I'm now just considering calling that a loss and ordering from vapeking, are the one of your trusted vendors?
    Yes they are. I bought my first kit from them over 3years ago and still buy current supplies from them.

I hesitate to absolutely recommend any vendor over another. There are a lot of good vendors that people trust but like everything you need to find a list of them that you feel provides you with the level of service and delivery. My expectation of service may differ greatly to yours.

For instance I may love your product but if you don't respond to my questions or contacts or disrespect me as a customer then that's a big negative. Your product has to be exceptional to overcome that minus.
    shaneo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Their warranty states 10 days after purchase, which, surprise surprise, ended the day this happened.
    The Australian Consumer Law applies to ALL businesses: "Businesses must provide these automatic guarantees regardless of any other warranties they give to you or sell you:": Consumer guarantees | ACCC

Since 1 January 2011, the following consumer guarantees on products and services apply.

Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:

safe, lasting, with no faults
    look acceptable
    do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.

Acceptable quality takes into account what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast