Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Can i use these for rebuilding kangertech coils and aspire nautilus coils?

AVF Regular

Can i use these for rebuilding kangertech coils and aspire nautilus coils?

Am thinking of having a go at making coils for my aerotanks and nautilus for the first time.
    But as i had these in my stash already 2 x Pre-Coiled Welded Wires w/ Wicks - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 33 AWG / 1.8ohm / 1-wick, i wasnt sure if these could be used ?
    I am getting confused so thought i had better check if this is correct or do i need just Kanthal?
    And what is the best wick material out of silica and cotton?

Thanks for your help

AVF Regular
    You dont need the nr-r stuff for aerotank rebuilds. Could give it a try. Id rebuild the aero coils first. Nautalis rebuilds are more of a pain in the ass. I think youd be better off just getting some kanthal.

AVF Regular
    Most people use cotton these days. But im still on silica because im lazy and get longer out of it. Cotton is suppose to be healthier
    And people say more flavour.
    Convert likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the info arth_d, i might have a go with the pre made wicks for practice while i wait for some Kanthal to come. Is the silica able to be dry burned so that way you get longer out of them?

AVF Regular
    Yeah but i never do. But u can.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    Most people use cotton these days. But im still on silica because im lazy and get longer out of it. Cotton is suppose to be healthier
    And people say more flavour.
    I love my silica, no need to re-wick or any of that bullshit when changing flavours just dry burn and your good to go and the silica lasts for a long time, I've got a dual coil .5ohm build with 3mm silica and 28g kanthal in both my vulcan attys and its going on 3 weeks now, also when your 3 parts pissed and for get to drip more juice into your atty the dry hit doesn't f*ck the silica like it will with cotton..I suppose I'm a lazy pr!ck too, I'd rather drink more beer and vape than spend time f*cking about with wicks...

just my 2c...
    Northerner likes this.

AVF Regular
    So in ordering Kanthal am i correct in getting 26 or 28 gauge wire? Or should i be going higher?
    Appreciate your time and patience

LNB
    AVF Regular
    I don't know how big the deck is on your atty but 26g kanthal is pretty thick wire...

AVF Regular
    Your 2c is appreciated LNB

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    I don't know how big the deck is on your atty but 26g kanthal is pretty thick wire...
    I havent got a rebuildable atty as yet, but was more thinking of starting just trying to make coils for my aerotanks first off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast