Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: GP Spheroid Builds : How do you build it

AVF Regular

GP Spheroid Builds : How do you build it

Ok I have had my Spheroid for a few weeks now and I am very happy with the vape and the how easy it is to fill and build and the fact it fits perfectly into my Microstick.
    My builds have been the standard type with the looped 2mm silica ( that came with it ) and 30 gauge Kanthal. My first builds were around 1.3 ohm and the last one came in at 1.1 ( a bit lower than I wanted ).

As I said I am quite happy with the way it vapes but as with all of these things people have there own way of building it for all sorts of reasons. I find that with the doubled over silica you end up with a coil that you have to position very carefully so it doesn't short on the posts. I did also have some concerns about using silica as all previous times I always tasted it to the point I stopped using the atties that required a silica build but the with this silica and this atty I don't have any problems at all.

I do have some 1mm silica from a different source that I have used previously with the taste that I don't like and some ekowool silica cord in 1mm and 2mm which I haven't tried at all yet.
    I would also like to know how much filler material you use as I am still trying to find the best length to use ( I vape 50/50 PG/VG )

I know that there are a number of people on here that have Spheroid's so please step up and explain how you do your builds

Cheers
    Midlife

Super Moderator
    Microcoil with enough cotton each side long enough to hit the filler. Very basic with great taste.
    bk_renesis and Midlife like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    Microcoil with enough cotton each side long enough to hit the filler. Very basic with great taste.
    What Madam said. :nod:
    giruvian likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    What Madam said. :nod:
    Concurs ... maximum wickage and contact with fibrefill in bell = nice vapage
    giruvian and Midlife like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Half the joy of the spheroid is that is works brilliantly with a really simple build. No hassle, no fuss, no leaks.
    Midlife likes this.
    Ingrid

Super Moderator
    How timely seeing I received mine Friday morning What ohms are you lot using?
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    Dunno - anywhere around 1.5 maybe? I just wrap with 28 or 30 guage till I get a reasonable size coil. I use all regulated mods so I don't really care if it's a bit higher.
    gtadmin and Midlife like this.
    Ingrid

AVF Regular
    1ohm 2mm ID. Nice warm vape.
    gtadmin and Midlife like this.

AVF Regular
    0.001 ohms all day every day

I am joking

When you lot are talking cotton are you using cotton balls or the pads or .................................
    I didn't think cotton would hold its shape will enough to stay up in contact with the filler

Cheers
    Midlife
    Gresh11 likes this.

Super Moderator
    I use the japanese cotton pads (from hov). It's really not far to reach the filler, so it's not like they have to be really long.
    Midlife likes this.
    Ingrid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast