AVF Regular

Sigelei 100W + Issues: Screen, Battery level and low batterry cut-off point

Hi, just got the Sigelei 100W Plus on Friday. Was vaping away and loving it, but then noticed my battery level was constantly jumping around, around 4% variance, so would jump between 92-95% fluctuating constantly. I then noticed when holding down the wattage adjustment that it sometimes would cause the screen to go blank instead of adjusting, this occurred randomly (although while fast scrolling the battery stops fluctuating). It also occurs with or without an atty attached. Here is a video showing the behaviour.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=video%2cmp4

I changed out the batteries at about 70% to try another set of batteries, both sets being brand new Samsung 25R's.

The next set didn't change the behaviour I was seeing. I ran these batteries right down to 5% and was not getting a battery low warning, so tested them to find them at 3.15 and 3.17, and thought the warning should be coming on around now. I fired at various watts to see if the battery warning might come up under load with higher voltages but still didn't.

I continued to run the mod down to 0%, even firing up to 50watts, but still nothing, and tested batteries to find them at 3.06 and 3.08. Should it still fire this low, especially at higher wattage? Here is video showing it fire at 0%.
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=video%2cmp4

I have also tested the accuracy of the ohm reader and voltage displayed vs voltage delivered to atty, but found these to be in what I consider are probably reasonable tolerances. For example, the 1.0ohm reading is actually a 0.93 build, and have found voltage delivered to atty was within 0.2V difference. Wattage variance considering several variables I found to be about 1.8 variance. I can go into depth with how/what I did to test this if anyone is interested, and may not be the most precise/accurate of testing, but figured id do it anyway.

Just wanted to ask if people had seen or experienced the battery level fluctuating and screen shutting off, and how far their mod fires down before getting the warning. This is the first box mod I have owned, apart from my MVP2 and the iPV mini I got for the missus 3 days earlier and just want to get peoples thoughts on this issue. The iPV for example stopped firing once my battery was down to 3.17.

Cheers, Joe
    Last edited by Slayer; 24-02-15 at 12:05 AM.
    "Vape mail incoming, I have"

AVF Regular
    never had this issue, mine cuts off around 3.4v

Big thanks to Hidden1 for his awesome work on my box mod! (vapeOholic ejuice is my crack/cocaine)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nukem View Post
    never had this issue, mine cuts off around 3.4v
    Yah, didn't think this was right, thanks for reply, so 3.4 cutoff, although I'm guessing it would go down to 3.2 if running low wattage/voltage. Shortly after I posted this the vendor I bought it from messaged me back, as I had emailed them letting them know my issues, and they also said this is not right, and offered to replace the unit (thanks Mo), so alls good. Is the reason I buy local, issues are sorted quickly and easily without stuffing around dealing with China and shipping things back overseas, just to save a some bucks, would rather save the headache and have peace of mind if things do go wrong.

Anyway, thanks for reply, was very curious as to wether this had been experienced by others and where their units cutout, cheers
    "Vape mail incoming, I have"