Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 18350 Mech mod functionality question

AVF Regular

18350 Mech mod functionality question

As much as I love my Vamo V5, its a little big to carry around all day even with just the 18350 tube. I like the look of the small mech mods for more stealthy vaping, but how do you comfortably fire with the button on the bottom? Am I just stuptarded and am missing something obvious? To me it looks like you'd need a fairly hefty and dexterous pinky finger to use it comfortably. Or would a GG stealth or similar be easier to use?

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus vntosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

AVF Regular
    I always thought the same mate, so i trolled for side button mods. If you are dead set on a bottom fire mod, i would not start with a recessed button, i would go for something like the Nemesis. GG's are great, but you could also look at something like the Roller or Dominus Fecit. Just my opinion. Back to the bottom fire, if you are going 18350 you would probably be using the side of your middle finger anyway (thats what i do anyway).
    Fatman likes this.
    Last cigarette: March 14th, 2010 - Started Vaping Feb, 2010.

"Praise the God of all. Drink the wine. And let the world be the world"

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm4h View Post
    As much as I love my Vamo V5, its a little big to carry around all day even with just the 18350 tube. I like the look of the small mech mods for more stealthy vaping, but how do you comfortably fire with the button on the bottom? Am I just stuptarded and am missing something obvious? To me it looks like you'd need a fairly hefty and dexterous pinky finger to use it comfortably. Or would a GG stealth or similar be easier to use?
    Just grab an istick 30w because it is very small in size and also can use your VV/VW at what ever power you want rather than using a small mech which is only running at the power of your battery has left

AVF Regular
    I just use the knuckle of my pinky. Works fine even on recessed buttons.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    That is one of the main reasons I went with the bod Mecha (byleo) it has a top fire mechanism that even someone like me that has hand dexterity issues can easily fire with no stress.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the advice guys

Captain: I would actually prefer a side fire, so love the look of the Roller (but the price stings a little). I was beginning to think all side fire mech mods were.... 'Vintage' looking. (I know, heresy against classic mods etc hehehe)

ratsacker: Yeah I thought about that but I like being able to replace the battery in the Vamo, and carry around a spare rather than worry about finding a power point.

Sign me up: Does your finger get tired from Vaping all day? My little finger just doesn't seem to bend that way.

Crisscross: Thank you! Another nice looking small Mech! That and the roller are looking like good choices.

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus vntosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

I usually fire mine with my middle finger.

Captain and Timm4h like this.

AVF Regular
    If you're looking for stealth, keep in mind that a side button configuration will generally result in a longer 18350 mod.

Bottom buttons aren't taxing on your pinky (I actually use my middle finger for smaller 18350 set up) as long as the mod switch's spring/magnet is not overly strong.
    <---cop likes this.
    ಠ_ಠ

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm4h View Post

Sign me up: Does your finger get tired from Vaping all day? My little finger just doesn't seem to bend that way.
    Nope it's actually really comfortable.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Just use your ring or middle finger for bottom switch, works fine and comfortable
    "Vape mail incoming, I have"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast