Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Difference between the three different colour Kuros 6 rod kits?

AVF Regular

Difference between the three different colour Kuros 6 rod kits?

Hi,
    I am wondering if somebody can tell me the difference between the three Kuros Jig kits on Fast tech. The ones with the 6 rods in each kit. I can understand that you would need 6 tops and 1 base to be able to use all 6 rods. But they have three tops per kit (seemingly not enough) and if you buy all three kits you would have 3 bases and 9 tops???
    I hope you can fill a noob in on this matter,
    Thanks.

AVF Regular
    FastTech Kuro Jig comes in a set of 3.
    3 sizes, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm.
    Not six rods for each kit.
    There are different products available such as the Revolver Coil Jig which comes with the 3 sizes.
    Kuro Coiling Jigs are the best though so just buy the set of 3 and you are good to go.
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/2066300
    Raz
    Last edited by Raziel; 28-02-15 at 11:23 AM.

AVF Regular
    If you have 2 sets of Kuros it is really handy when it comes to building dual coil set ups.

AVF Regular
    On the Fasttech website it has three separate pictures of three Kuros kits each with three caps and 6 rods. Take a squiz. The three kits each have only one, single base. One kit is red, one blue and one purple. Which, collectively, is all three bases that you get when you buy the three sizes of the products you a referring to. What I would like to know about them is what the difference with the bases is. Plus, wouldn't you need 6 caps and not three for each rod to fit properly into the caps?
    Thanks.

AVF Regular
    Each winder has 1 rod and 1 cap that fits that particular rod... though the rod can be removed you are just playing with fire fiddling with that screw in the alloy base. Could well strip.

The difference between the bases is that they have a different sized hole to put the correct rod in.

I'm not sure which winder jig you are referring to though, but it doesn't appear to be the original Kuro. (clone)

AVF Regular
    It's on the site with the original three. Just go into coil jigs from the main categories drop box and there they are.

AVF Regular
    Those bases screw apart and the rods are inserted in the bottom. When I ran the co-op here I decided to go against this design. More moving parts = more points of failure.

AVF Regular
    No. You are talking about the coil master. Those are the ones that screw apart. I am talking about the ones called the Kuro Koiler CW Wire Coiling Tool w/ Hex Key Kit.

AVF Regular
    I posted a link to what you should buy in my previous post here https://www.fasttech.com/products/2066300
    3 Bases= 3 Top Caps= 3 Sizes.
    Thats all you need to buy.

Raz
    Northerner likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Toe Tall Noob View Post
    No. You are talking about the coil master. Those are the ones that screw apart. I am talking about the ones called the Kuro Koiler CW Wire Coiling Tool w/ Hex Key Kit.
    This one? https://www.fasttech.com/product/2114200

The three top caps have three different size holes; this thing is though, the smallest hole is around 2.5mm in diameter (the 2.5mm rod is a tight squeeze in there). So the two smallest rods are very loose in the cap.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast