• 1 Post By Danyel Geelong
  • 2 Post By anne
  • 1 Post By Cath Mort
  • 1 Post By Altered1
  • 1 Post By crispy

Thread: 5 out of 5 failed clearomizers.

AVF Regular

5 out of 5 failed clearomizers.

Bought a batch of Kanger T3S's from FT. Using them with 50 50 ejuice and sitting on top of eGo-T Out of the five, not one of them lasted more than an hour before they started gurgling and end up mass flooding and making a sticky mess everywhere. This has prompted me to ask, are these the real thing or just cheapo fakes?
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

AVF Regular
    Could be either, but also depends on how hard you're inhaling. I noticed with my ego-t and clearos (Even rebuildable ones) I had to be gentle when inhaling, or they would gurgle and spit a little.
    Danyel Geelong likes this.

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus vntosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

AVF Regular
    Had that problem too, with clearos and cartos; I think it boils down to a combination of technique, pg/vg ratio, even temperature. Might take a little experimenting to get it down pat. As Timm4h says you sometimes need to be gentle when inhaling, or you may pull too much juice into the coil.

I'm not fat, I just ate somebody who was.

AVF Regular
    My first thought after three in a row flooded, was that I may be inhaling to hard, so went a lot easier on the second two, made no difference though, the last two flooded just the same. I have ordered another couple, this time from VK. Hoping to find it was just a bad batch and not my technique which was the problem.
    Timm4h likes this.
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

AVF Regular
    Danyel I have been using the t3s from ft, constantly, every, other clero, I have bought leeks, gurgle s, so I have been sticking to these, are you sure the coil is tightened enough, the only problem I sometimes have is with the coils from
    time to to time, I think I get a bad batch of coils sometimes, bought aero v2 from steamecigs saturday, haven't
    tried it yet. ! I also use 50/50 juice and it is usually good, hope this helps
    Cath Mort and Danyel Geelong like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Danyel,

I just LOVE the Kanger T3S clear's and have used them for ages. When I first started using them, I found that if you fill them right up they seem to gurgle and sometimes leak. Probably the most important thing is to make sure that the coil is screwed in properly, and make sure it's tight onto the bottom bit, as if it's not, it will leak badly. But when you screw the bottom bit back onto the clearo DON'T screw it on tight. Gently does it, until it just had turned enough. If you screw it on tight, it will be hard to draw and you won't get much vapour.

I found once I changed up to a VV (variable voltage) battery, they worked a lot better if you set the dial on the bottom to around 3.9 volts with a 1.8oHm coil. I also started out (back in the day) on the ego-T batts and I found that they just didn't have enough oomph. I bought a few Evod 1600 VV Batts and I had a totally different experience.

Don't give up on them. They're a great little clearo. Maybe try a VV Batt and what I've said above.

Cheers,
    Cath

P.S. Keep them UPRIGHT too. They don't like to be laid down
    Last edited by Cath Mort; 02-03-15 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added PS

AVF Regular
    Yeah, gotta be a little gentle on the inhale on the T3S. They're a tight draw. count out your draw for the length you want, about half the strength of a smoke inhale. Your battery will auto stop at 8 seconds

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Im liking all of the advice from above and thank each and every one of you. Though I still think I might have gotten a dodgy batch as I was just checking each of these units out, and have noticed that when I spin the clearos between my fingers, the center tube on all of them appears to be off center, ie: I can see it moving up and down as I spin them. Surely this is not normal. Also, I noticed when attaching these to the ego-t, that the pin seems to contact long before the base of the clearo is fully seated on the battery leaving a gap where I can see two to three threads :/

AVF Regular
    So the new genuine T3S turned up today, bought from VK. I have it and one of the others I bought from FT sitting side by side. There are a few slight differences. On the one I suspect is a cheap copy, the kanga logo doesnt line up centered to the measuring increments, the knurl is slightly larger, the air holes are slightly larger, and the center tube is not running parallel to the tank.

Attachment 17593

AVF Regular
    I have bought a couple of t3d from fastech and they seem ok also i bought the same from vaping mad and they to are great i dont know what the difference is but ill stick to these t3d .ay 6.00 cant go wrong